Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Head of Government Relations
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
- Lead and continue to grow the government relations team for Archer as it works to design, develop, certify and commercialize its electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft;
- As part of those efforts you’ll need to
- collaborate with regulatory authorities to form a forward leaning position on policy, process and global certification expectations.
- coordinate with legislative lobbyist organizations to align business objectives with emerging technology policy
- lead and work collaboratively with industry organizations to develop consensus positions on existing and developing topics
- assist in the implementation of Archer’s Partnership for Safety Plan (PSP) with the FAA
- 15+ years of industry and/or direct FAA experience;
- BS, MS, or PhD in engineering or aviation field;
- 10+ years experience successfully leading aircraft certification efforts;
- Experience working on type certification of an aircraft, engines, propellers and/or appliances from concept to issue of a Type Certificate under 14 CFR Part 23/25/27/29/33/35 or equivalent regulations;
- Prior or current experience at or working closely with the FAA;
- Governmental leadership / management experience;
- Experience working with regulatory agencies to certify aircraft features or functionality which are not covered by existing FARs;
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-07-26