Head of Government Relations
Wonderschool’s mission is to ensure every child has access to a child care program that helps them realize their full potential. Our passionate team members are fulfilling this mission through the development of a suite of tools designed to support a variety of stakeholders including families, in-home child care providers, child care centers, nonprofits, governments and employers. These product offerings help providers leverage cutting-edge technology to meet the demands of their business while engaging with a community of like-minded peers that offer support, advice, and a strong sense of belonging. In addition to supporting child care providers, we have also designed a comprehensive database that directly connects families with Wonderschool’s affiliated providers. This dual facing network helps bridge the gap between families and providers in a revolutionary way.
We have already successfully partnered with childcare providers in over 530 cities across the US and are committed to continuing to expand our positive impact! In order to support our rapid growth, Wonderschool is actively looking to hire passionate, forward-thinking, and creative individuals to join our wonderful team.
- Act as the senior policy expert on federal and state early care and education policies at Wonderschool.
- Lead internal strategy meetings and assist in the development and implementation of government relations action plans.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with federal and state policymakers.
- Formulate or collaborate on communications strategies.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in working groups and coalitions that are focused on issues affecting early care and education.
- Manage and evaluate performance of outside lobbyists.
- Ensure timely communications and responses to lawmakers.
- Deliver timely communications to internal stakeholders regarding policy developments that could impact the business.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in policy, advocacy, or communications.
- Ability to travel regularly.
- Ability to work independently, on a team, and cross-functionally.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate well with a variety of stakeholders, including media.
- Well-versed in the legislative process. Regulatory experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of or experience in early care, education, and/or health policy issues is a plus.
- Collaborative, detail-oriented, and inclusive leadership.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills.
- Experience in coalition-building or development.
- Experience with communications or public relations is a plus.
- Experience managing a budget is a plus.
What We Offer
- Health benefits offering 100% coverage for employee premiums and 80% for dependents
- Wifi and Employee Wellness stipends paid out on a monthly basis
- A flexible PTO plan, paid holidays, and mental wellness days
- Highly competitive parental leave policies, eligible to qualified individuals after 6-months of employment
- An autonomous workplace that prioritizes health and wellness to ensure our employees can produce their best work while achieving their personal and professional goals
- A fully remote, but highly collaborative, work environment with a variety of team bonding opportunities
Wonderschool is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and talent.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-25