Head of Internal Communications
Shape the future of investing.
At Vanguard we are taking a stand for investors. That starts with you. As a critical leader of our Corporate Communications team, you will lead the strategy and publication of internal communications content and media development for multiple audiences. As the Head of Internal Communications, you will serve as Vanguard’s primary authority and subject matter expert concerning communication strategies, implementation, and alignment to business needs and objectives.
In this role you will…
- Hire develop and mentor crew. You will provide guidance and training as necessary and set performance standards, review performance, and make informed compensation decisions.
- Develop internal communications strategy to enable strategic business outcomes. Lead the communication development, operation, delivery, and measurement across a variety of business needs.
- Protect Vanguard’s reputation through all internal communications across various channels and platforms. Lead communication consultants to proactively source and deliver business-critical internal communications
- Drive the development of internal communication agendas with high-quality communications material across a variety of formats, platforms and channels.
- Drive the impact of the collective internal communication strategy. Ensure the execution of all phases of the communications process, including conception, implementation, and measurement. Partner closely with senior leaders to advise and develop communications strategies that meet current and future needs of Vanguard.
- Balance external practice with internal brand. Serve as Vanguard’s authority on industry best practices, emerging trends, and their validity in Vanguard’s environment and culture to encourage adoption as appropriate.
- Develop and strengthens working relationships with key influencers and executives across the organization and in the industry to support communications and business objectives.
- Spearhead continuous improvements in Vanguard’s internal communication strategy and implementation. Measure and monitor client satisfaction and makes recommendations based on feedback gathered from various sources.
Fulfilling Your Mission.
At Vanguard, we’re changing how the world invests, and you’ll make sure that message comes across loud and clear. The Head of Internal Communications, you will help leaders achieve desired business outcomes through development of custom communication recommendations and programs and help build communication strategies and plans to support introduction of new processes, technologies, programs and initiatives, and more. Are you up for the challenge?
What it takes.
- Minimum of twelve years related work experience, with at least eight years of industry experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Public Relations degree preferred. Graduate degree preferred.
- Financial Services, Asset or Investment Management experience required.
Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-23