Head of Internal Communications
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, educational institutions and governments depend on AWS for secure cloud services and solutions.
We are seeking a Senior Communications Manager for our World-Wide Public Sector (WWPS) business. This position will be responsible for leading and coordinating the overall WWPS internal communications program from strategy to execution. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and leading strategic and internal communications initiatives for our WWPS business. This includes developing communications plans and roadmaps to drive quarterly priorities, creating strategic messaging for internal communications, building communications strategies to support global programs and major change initiatives, editing, and writing.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Develop strategic communication plans that meet senior AWS public sector leaders’ business objectives and drive overall business goals.
· Write messaging and content for leadership communications that drive awareness and adoption of programs and initiatives.
· Serve as the primary liaison with AWS Commercial Communications to align and deliver on AWS-wide key programs, initiatives, and messaging.
· Oversee the team’s content and program work on quarterly internal all-hands meetings, and the public sector component of the annual AWS sales kick-off event.
· Guide public sector’s content strategy and user experience for the AWS sales portal
· Manage a team of communications professionals to support program objectives.
· This role can be filled in Arlington, VA (HQ2) or Herndon, VA (IAD28) offices
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
· 10+ years’ executive or internal communications experience, preferably at a large, high-growth company.
· Experience developing and implementing communication plans.
· Experience driving cultural change and influencing organizations through communications, from audience and stakeholder analysis through implementation and success metrics tracking.
· Proven ability to thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
· Exceptional writing and editing skills, with the ability to articulate a clear point of view on complicated issues in clear, concise communications.
· Proven ability to think strategically and implement ideas from ideation and development to measurement and evaluation.
· Demonstrated experience building trust and influencing cross-functional teams and senior leaders.
· Ability to exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow time-frames.
· An agile, flexible individual with a “can-do,” problem-solving approach to managing ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
· A curious self-starter with a proven track record of diving into unknown territory and learning new concepts.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-04