Head of Litigation and Regulatory Compliance
Via’s Head of Litigation and Regulatory Compliance will manage all litigation, regulatory work connected to Via’s consumer, SaaS and TaaS services, global compliance across jurisdictions where we operate, communications with regulators, and any investigations that may arise. You’ll manage an all-star team, report directly to the General Counsel, and be a trusted advisor to the CEO and Via’s executive team on strategic issues of the highest importance to the Company.
What You’ll Do:
- Direct and manage all aspects of a complex and varied litigation portfolio, including affirmative and defensive litigations (auto, insurance-backed, patent, commercial, other) and administrative proceedings, select, retain and manage outside counsel.
- Head up regulatory compliance team to ensure responsible compliance with domestic and international regulatory frameworks associated with Via’s consumer and TaaS services, directing strategy for communications with regulators.
- Ensure best-in-class regulatory compliance practices by providing internal training on policies and procedures, updating and creating new policies where appropriate.
- Work closely with CISO to ensure robust cybersecurity, data privacy (GDPR and CCPA), and protection practices globally, including co-leading incident response.
- Assist with any investigations and enforcement matters that may arise.
- Own escalations processes, communications with law enforcement, FOIA, and subpoena processes.
Who You Are:
- Experienced in litigation and/or regulatory compliance with 10+ years of progressive responsibility.
- Obtained JD and admitted to New York bar or qualified as an in-house lawyer.
- Willing to jump in on a very broad range of issues and quickly get up to speed at a senior, decision-making level on areas where you may not have subject matter expertise.
- A proven track record as a manager able to seamlessly take over a team of high performers.
- Impeccable business judgment (not just legal sense) and a strong sense of ethics.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Combination of law firm and prior in house experience preferred.
- Experience as a federal or state prosecutor or other government service.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-22