Head of Marketing and Communications
Who We Are
Nuro is a robotics start-up whose mission is to accelerate the benefits of robotics for everyday life. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and engineers, designers, and scientists. We believe AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and we are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology. Join us and play a critical role in our mission.
About the Role
We are looking for a senior brand builder with a proven track record of developing compelling narratives with a wide range of audiences. As the Head of Marketing and Communications, you will be responsible for leading a talented team in developing and executing communications, brand, and content strategies that support key business objectives. You will shape our narrative to tell the Nuro story both externally and internally. You will oversee company branding and storytelling efforts to increase awareness, acceptance, and excitement around the Nuro brand and corporate mission.
About the Work
- Create and lead our overall narrative strategy to align with company objectives
- Deeply understand our audiences and ensure that Nuro’s story advances our objectives with them
- Manage, develop, and invest in a team of communications and brand professionals as company grows
- Develop Nuro’s story to tell external audiences, designing and executing on strategies to amplify messages through a variety of channels
- Consult and advise executives on communications, including sensitive matters
- Lead all financial, crisis, and other high-stakes communications
- Oversee strategy for our website, blog, social media, press, speakers bureau, awards, events, content, and various campaign activations
- Positively shape Nuro’s public perception and grow the brand
- 15+ years of experience that includes some combination of Communications, Public Relations, Brand, Marketing, Journalism, Events. Agency experience preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of building magnetic brands
- 10+ years of experience managing people and leading teams
- An independent thinker with the ability to innovate using fresh ideas, making the leap from information to insight
- Succinct communicator, creative storyteller, and exceptional write
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Like a journalist, proactive in asking questions and seeking answers to gain knowledge of the business, connect the dots between departments and understand priorities as they change
- An attentive and effective manager, team leader, and mentor, who is capable of growing team members of varying domains
- Has demonstrated the ability to execute with excellent judgement in high stress, high stake situations while remaining calm
At Nuro, we celebrate differences and are committed to a diverse workplace that fosters inclusion and psychological safety for all employees. Nuro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-06