Head of Communications
Rebellion is seeking a Head of Communications in Washington, DC.
This role will lead Rebellion’s strategic internal and external communications with a particular focus on the defense, technology and national security communities. This position will play a pivotal role in sharing Rebellion’s story, mission impact, and thought leadership; and advancing Rebellion’s public profile among key audiences. This position will work closely with members of the Executive Team to develop and execute strategic communications campaigns in support of business objectives.
While an active US Security Clearance is not required, willingness and eligibility to obtain a US Security Clearance is required.
What you’ll do
- Work across the organization to ensure that communication strategy goals are well aligned to support business objectives
- Engage with media and external audiences to communicate Rebellion’s company narrative, mission impact, and thought leadership in defense and national security
- Author articles, press releases, social media postings, and develop editorial calendars
- Help attract world-class talent by sharing Rebellion’s narrative, mission and values
- Ensure Rebellion’s brand, company values, and voice are shared with one voice across platforms.
- Develop indicators to measure success and effectiveness in reaching established goals.
You may be a fit for this role if you possess
- National security sector experience
- Senior communications experience of seven years or more, preferably at a tech company
- Proven ability to devise and implement communications strategies in a fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of the defense, national security and technology media landscapes
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A general understanding of modern technology to include cloud services, artificial intelligence, and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- A passion for enabling the mission of defense and national security with modern software
Job posted: 2021-05-04