Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Head of U.S. Federal Affairs
About You and The Role
Zipline is searching for a Head of Federal Affairs to lead our advocacy efforts on Capitol Hill and with federal agencies, sharing how our instant logistics system can serve all people, and driving the federal strategy to enable national-scale Uncrewed Aircraft Systems (UAS) operations in the U.S.
The role requires a deep understanding of the federal legislative process, rulemaking structures, strategic public affairs, as well as technology policy and impact storytelling. This role will report to the Vice President of Public Policy and closely collaborate with Zipline’s Policy and Regulatory teams.
What You’ll Do
- Tell the Zipline story of enabling equitable access using drones to policymakers in DC.
- Build and maintain a strong network with Members of Congress, congressional staff, committees, and caucuses to advance Zipline’s public policy agenda.
- Work with federal agencies including the Department of Transportation, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Commerce and others to build interagency support for UAS operations.
- Partner with trade associations, third party organizations and industry members to share the benefits that UAS can provide to the American public.
- Oversee and manage outside consultants and strategic advisors.
- Collaborate closely with our policy development, regulatory and community teams to craft policy proposals that will advance the ability for UAS to operate in the U.S.
What You’ll Bring
- You have 8+ years of experience, including substantive experience in the U.S. House, U.S. Senate, relevant Congressional committees, or a federal agency, and a network to match. Prior in-house experience is strongly preferred.
- You have experience with federal policymaking in transportation. Specific experience with policies relating to UAS, aviation, safety, technology, and/or innovation is preferred.
- You demonstrate the ability to be both a substantive issue expert on matters important to Zipline’s business in the U.S. and manage complex and dynamic political relationships
- You possess a track record of delivering results in developing and implementing advocacy programs on Capitol Hill and in federal agencies.
- You enjoy working with and learning from colleagues across a wide range of cultural, experiential, and professional backgrounds
- You have a reputation for credibility, humility, and sound judgment
- You have the grit, resourcefulness, and resilience to thrive in novel, uncertain and constantly-changing business and political environments.
- Ability to travel as required, and participate at in-person meetings in Washington, DC and our operational sites around the U.S.
What Else You Need to Know
Job posted: 2023-09-13