Head of Policy & Outreach, Google Cloud, Government Affairs & Public Policy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience working on policy or technology issues within the Department, an enterprise software company, a defense contractor, a think tank, public interest groups, or relevant industry associations.
- Experience working with the Department of Defense or defense contractors on procurement opportunities.
- Experience working with legislative, and/or executive branch on behalf of the Department of Defense or a defense client.
- Experience representing a large company or association in the internet/tech industry.
- Experience with enterprise software policy issues, including compliance policy.
- Excellent political, analytical, and communication skills with high attention to detail.
- Excellent leadership skills, with ability to collaborate with multiple teams simultaneously as well as work independently.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing and sometimes stressful environment and ability to identify opportunities and areas for improvement.
About the job
In this role, you will partner across Google Cloud and beyond to address government affairs and public policy issues in Google Cloud’s growing business assisting agencies tasked with our national security. In that capacity, you will represent Google Cloud before department policymakers, IT decision-makers, and government executives. You will also work collaboratively with Google Cloud stakeholders to support business growth and public policy objectives at the Department including by addressing risks and opportunities for the business at those levels. You will also participate in key trade associations that are critical to advancing Google Cloud’s public policy and business objectives in the national security sector, particularly with the Department of Defense. You will become familiar with all aspects of Google Cloud’s business, and partner directly with relevant Google Cloud sales and support teams.
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
- Collaborate with Google Cloud stakeholders, including Google Cloud Sales, to develop and execute on government affairs and public policy objectives in support of Google Cloud efforts at the DoD.
- Ensure alignment with the Google Cloud state and local government sales teams and other Google Cloud stakeholders among business priorities, public policy goals, and go-to-market strategies.
- Identify, communicate, and assist with potential state and local public sector market opportunities and threats. Manage and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key initiatives in concert with Google Cloud business objectives.
- Organize engagement between Google Cloud executives and government stakeholders to promote and advocate Google Cloud’s public policy policies and benefits to public sector customers and partners.
- Engage with industry associations and policy organizations on behalf of Google Cloud and ensure appropriate management of outside consultants.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-15