Head of Policy Research
About the Team
The Public Policy and Social Impact Team is a fast-growing, dynamic, collaborative group working to help Dashers, local businesses, and cities thrive. From creating new protections and benefits for workers, to supporting small businesses through innovative partnerships, to connecting communities in need with the power of last-mile logistics, we are at the cutting edge of public policy issues at all levels of government.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for an experienced Head of Policy Research to be the third member of the team’s growing Policy Development and Research Group. The Head of Policy Research will play a critical role in developing policy proposals that will govern our industry for years to come, while also taking the lead in telling our story using data and economic analysis. You will work with stakeholders across the company to develop and support the adoption of policies that best serve Dashers, merchants, and consumers.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead our newly-established Policy Research function, playing a key role in informing policy development and communicating our story using data and economic analysis.
- Help conceptualize, draft, and evaluate policy proposals across a wide variety of subject matter areas with an eye toward their economic and financial impact.
- Use quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to help tell our story — and that of the industry overall — to advance our overall public policy objectives.
- Produce economic impact reports and other public-facing analyses that help advance our narrative.
- Engage with academics, think tanks, and other thought leaders to create an academic foundation for proposed policies.
- Coordinate closely with other members of the Public Policy Team, as well as the Analytics, Finance, Communications, and Strategy & Ops Teams.
- Over time, grow a team to support all of the above.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or a similar domain.
- You have 7+ years of experience in data analytics, economic or management consulting, or a related quantitative role, including experience communicating findings and analyses to non-technical audiences.
- You have expertise in SQL queries and statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) and familiarity with one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Chartio, Looker, Tableau).
- You have experience managing direct reports, juggling both technical and managerial tasks, including 1+1’s, technical mentorship, and recruitment participation.
- You are a self-starter who is intrinsically motivated and confident operating autonomously but also a good teammate.
- Bonus points for experience in-house at a technology company and/or in government, as well as graduate degrees in a relevant field.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learners – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-13