Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Head of Public Affairs
Job Description Summary
The Head of Public Affairs will be responsible for leading global, business-wide efforts focusing on thought leadership, advocacy campaigns, grassroots development, company reputation, corporate responsibility and ESG communications. In this role, you will collaborate with leaders across GE Healthcare, while working closely with the communications and government affairs teams to bring a data-driven, campaign mindset to the various risks and opportunities facing the business. You will work closely with outside agencies and coalition partners as well as internal leaders to develop strategies and content advancing our public affairs priorities.
- Develop and oversee a strategy including both proactive and defensive elements to ensure a strong corporate reputation while also advocating for priority issues
- Policy Campaigns: Act as trusted advisor to Business Leaders on developing proactive and defensive policy campaigns that support key priorities
- Corporate Reputation and Measurement: Lead reputation and polling efforts to measure and understand company’s reputation among key stakeholders.
- Issue Tracking: Closely follow news coverage and events regarding the latest policy debates impacting GE Healthcare in DC and capitals around the world and media coverage of key policy topics globally
- Grassroots and Stakeholder Engagement: Develop and implement a grassroots program to identify, educate and engage key stakeholders on GE Healthcare’s latest news, impact and key issues impacting the company, at both the local level regarding the business’ community impact and national level.
- Thought Leadership: Identify, develop, and execute thought leadership opportunities for company leaders, including op-eds, white papers and conferences
- Corporate Responsibility and ESG Communications: Oversee corporate responsibility program and communications related to the business’ ESG efforts
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college, Masters or advanced degree a plus
- 10-15 years of communications and media relations experience covering crisis communications, PR or marketing communications, and global public affairs
- Healthcare experience & experience in government/political campaign, corporate communications, or public relations preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, English, or Political Science is preferred
- Established relationships with variety of media outlets including reporters and other key leaders
- Experience/comfort with data measurement, from polling to grassroots campaigns or other work with a strong data component preferred
- Demonstrated experience acting as a trusted advisor to senior level executives
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience building relationships with colleagues and with external stakeholders at all levels
- Broad and deep experience with and knowledge of print, video and social media and key drivers, metrics associated
- Ability to simplify strategy into specific actions with clear accountability, making decisions with speed and accuracy based on best available information, and communicating priorities clearly and concisely
- Ability to absorb, digest and distill highly technical subject matter into clear and concise content
- Ability to energize others by building a connection with the business teams and Communications teams through personal involvement and trust and providing feedback and coaching to help develop others
- Ability to provide effective advice to senior leaders
- Strong project management skills and proven track record of accomplishments
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
Job posted: 2023-01-05