Head of Public Affairs Communication
At U.S. Bank, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country’s most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank is currently seeking a Head of Public Affairs Communication, who will help U.S. Bank tell its story to a variety of audiences, including lawmakers and D.C. opinion elites, and achieve goals with strategic external communication(s). Additional responsibilities include:
- Elevates, protects, and defends U.S. Bank’s reputation with external stakeholders;
- Demonstrates how U.S. Bank is creating a seamless customer experience in a digital world;
- Reinforces how and why U.S. Bank makes a difference for our customers;
- Showcases the work of U.S. Bank employees who do unique and outstanding work across the country to support customers and the communities they serve;
- Serves as a communications partner for U.S. Bank’s government affairs team and helps tell the Bank’s story in Washington D.C.;
- Partners with subject matter experts across the Bank to develop communications that support the bank’s legislative and regulatory priorities on both federal and state levels;
- Engages with D.C.-based political media to help them understand U.S. Bank’s unique position in the financial services landscape and pitches stories and finds opportunities for the Bank to engage;
- Plays a significant role in the development and development of U.S. Bank’s ongoing opinion leader campaign, which includes sponsorships, targeted messaging, and speaking event participation;
- Prepares executive briefing materials and drafts news releases, statements, and stories for the U.S. Bank blog;
- Helps produce state and market profiles used by the government affairs team to demonstrate U.S. Bank’s importance to constituents;
- Coordinates and develops content with the government affairs team for fly-ins and grassroots engagement events;
- Watches the goings on in Washington with an eye on both potential challenges and opportunities for U.S. Bank;
- Stays connected to media coverage of the financial services industry and understands the direction the storylines are taking; and
- Works with teammates in Strategy, Transformation, and Public Affairs and investor relations to ensure consistent messaging.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Ten or more years of experience in communications activities
- One or more years of supervisory/management experience
- Degree in communications, journalism, or related field
- Prior federal public affairs experience
- Well-developed leadership abilities and strategic management skills
- Knowledge of unit(s) and relation to industry
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Considerable tact, diplomacy, and people skills
- Ability to be able to influence without direct authority
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That’s why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most – your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-01