Head of Public Affairs Rocky Mountain and Pacific Northwest Public
Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do
The Head of Public Affairs for the Pacific Northwest and Rocky Mountain region will lead REEF’s public policy and government relations, local public relations, and civic partnership efforts in Portland, Seattle and Denver. The primary objective of the role is to work with local policymakers and regulators to establish an ideal regulatory environment for REEF. This person will work in a fast-moving cross-functional organization with key internal and external stakeholders.
Strong candidates will have extensive experience leading local government relations and policy advocacy efforts for startups, innovative growth companies, advocacy groups, or city government.
- Work with policymakers and regulators to pass local variances/ordinances and state legislation to ensure REEF is well position to grow and thrive in the market.
- Deepen REEF’s brand and product awareness in markets through local earned media and partnerships.
- Establish REEF as an influential civic stakeholder and protect business interests through government and influencer relations.
- Lead government relations and public policy strategy across Seattle, Portland and Denver.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key influencers, officials and partners in the region.
- Create launch playbooks for new markets
- Manage and deploy external consultants to drive key policy initiatives.
- Work with the Communications team to amplify corporate and consumer campaigns locally.
- Develop plans that identify key speaking engagement opportunities for executives in the region, and manage those events.
What We Want From You:
- 5-10 years of public affairs, public policy, or government relations experience, preferably at high-growth companies, startups, campaigns, and local government.
- Extensive relationships with key media, business, startup, and civic leaders across Seattle, Portland and Denver.
- Experience managing lobbyists and consultants.
- Be a strong self-starter who is eager to make their mark in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization
- Experience working across various regions and/or territories
- Ability to develop strategic plans and advise senior leaders while also delivering at the tactical/operational level – this person should be able to conceptualize a strategy and directly implement.
- Excellent organization, communication, writing and presentation skills: experience managing teams and working collaboratively across multiple levels, functions and regions
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
- Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-03