Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Head of Public Affairs, SVP
Head of Public Affairs, SVP
PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AT THE BOTTOM OF PAGE. APPLICATIONS NOT FOLLOWING THIS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
At Humanity Forward, we believe in the power and potential of direct cash relief policies — like stimulus payments, a monthly child tax credit, and basic income — to eradicate poverty in the United States. That’s why we’ve built the leading bipartisan advocacy organization fighting for these anti-poverty policies at the federal level. We focus on championing innovative solutions to the biggest problems of the 21st Century, and advance policies directly to members of Congress. Humanity Forward successfully worked with allies on Capitol Hill to pass the $600 stimulus checks in December 2020 and was an integral part of the coalition lobbying for the $1,400 stimulus checks in March 2021. In addition, HF lobbied for the increase to the child tax credit (CTC), which included the revolutionary factor of CTC becoming a fully refundable monthly payment by the IRS starting this July 2021. Legislation this transformative has the power to end poverty in America.
The Head of Public Affairs, SVP, is our megaphone in media, digital, and press for championing progress in advancing our goal of a universal basic income. The Head of Public Affairs focuses on gaining more attention and support through all forms of press and media, including in print, online, podcasts, or audio-only interviews. This position will saturate the national dialogue to reach a large and diverse audience and is ideal for someone with extensive experience and relationships with national traditional and nontraditional media outlets. This position is remote, but preference will be given to candidates in or near DC, NYC, or San Francisco / Bay Area.
- Cultivate relationships and forge contacts with the press and media on the state and national level.
- Liaise with the Executive Director and team leads to promote strategies that will support communication.
- Identify and implement rapid response opportunities for coverage.
- Draft press releases and communicate effectively with media contacts.
- Provide guidance on media communication and recruit representatives.
- Solid combination of personable outreach and relentless follow up.
- Extensive list of media contacts and skilled in forming and developing relationships.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, collaborate with others, and provide results.
Salary, PTO and health benefits are included. Salary range is $140,000 to $180,000 annually, commensurate with experience. Bilingual or multilingual is a bonus but not required.
Diversity is our biggest asset and necessary for organizational strength. It is a fundamental policy of Humanity Forward to provide equal opportunity of employment to all applicants, without regard to race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, ethnic identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, economic status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Please fill in your application details in the link below:
Job posted: 2022-01-12