Head of Public Policy & Communications, U.S. West Region
About the Role
Our Policy & Communications team tells Uber’s story to the media, third parties, and government officials – whether it’s transforming how we get around town and the lives of people who value independent, flexible work; supporting restaurants during COVID lockdowns, or; cutting congestion in cities by getting more backsides into fewer cars.
As a Head of Public Policy & Communications for the West, you will lead the regional government and press relations team who handle our government, media, and third party engagement efforts in California, the Pacific Northwest, and other adjacent markets. You will report to the Senior Director of Public Policy & Communications for the US & Canada.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of four Public Policy & Communications professionals, building out comprehensive public affairs strategies for the West region
- Partner with government agencies, state and local leaders, regional third party organizations, and coalitions on shared public policy goals
- Work to ensure that the regulatory frameworks in the region enable the benefits of Uber for our customers and the cities we operate in
- Develop and execute communications strategies to advance our key narratives
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with Uber’s Operations, Legal, Marketing and Social Impact teams
- 8-12 years of relevant professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Engaging leader: Success at Uber depends on the ability to coordinate different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. We’re looking for leaders who get stuff done–and who can navigate ambiguity and rally a team around a shared objective.
- Self-starter: We want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. We’re a global company and things change fast. You’ll need to be highly adaptable, as well as calm under pressure.
- Strong campaigner: You’ll have a bias for action in everything you do, and have an understanding of issues related to mobility, delivery, safety, future of work and/or automation. It would also be useful to have knowledge of the regional political environment and existing relationships with elected officials, media, and third parties.
- Great advocate: Proven writing skills with a passion for telling stories–about our product, people and the ways we’re helping to improve life for riders, drivers, delivery people and cities across California and the western United States.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-11