Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Head of Public Policy and Government Affairs
Are you motivated by the opportunity of touching the lives of millions of people daily around the world? Do you have a passion for growing a brand, reaching diverse audiences, and maximizing business opportunities? Do you want to be part of a global team of passionate leaders and innovators? Do you want to join a company committed to serving ALL People and the Planet?
Then Logitech is the place for you.
The way we live, work, and play has changed. We are in a time of reimagining everything and Logitech products, services, and values have never been more relevant. We are driven by our purpose to “Help ALL people pursue their passions by designing experiences so you can create, achieve, and enjoy more.” We work together as a global organization to make a difference and achieve a greater impact on people by “designing new possibilities that extend human capability.”
We are a leader across categories. In Video Collaboration, we serve 3 billion digital knowledge workers keeping people connected in the area of hybrid working. For people focused on Creativity and Productivity, we offer personal workspace solutions to help people create and communicate their passions. We serve the new Creator Economy of Logitech for Creators by unlocking their ability to create culture. We believe in the Power of Play as the leading Gaming company, making gaming more inclusive for nearly 3 billion gamers around the world. We drive Mobility and Education helping all students maximize their potential.
BIG THINGS ARE HAPPENING AT LOGITECH. COME PLAY A CRITICAL ROLE AS WE TAKE OUR PUBLIC POLICY & GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS TO THE NEXT LEVEL. WE’RE LOOKING FOR A HEAD OF PUBLIC POLICY AND GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS.
Logitech is looking for an experienced public policy executive to build Logitech’s global public policy and government affairs team. In this role, you will lead our global public policy and government affairs strategy across key policy focus areas including sustainability, diversity & equity policy, global trade, supply chain and data privacy. Your work will be instrumental in supporting initiatives aligned with Logitech’s values, business interests and long term strategies such as our 2030 vision to be climate positive and our commitments to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, by ensuring clear and consistent public policy positioning and strategy. In doing so you will play a critical role in enhancing Logitech’s brand as a sustainability and social impact leader. This role reports directly to Logitech’s General Counsel.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will responsible for:
Policy Prioritization and Implementation:
- Guide Logitech’s engagement on global public policy matters to align with the company’s values, mission and strategic objectives through application of consistent decision-making frameworks and engagement of key stakeholders.
- Analyze global legislative and regulatory proposals and provide recommendations for cross-functional internal and external collaboration and engagement.
- Identify and evaluate current and emerging policy trends and developments, and advise partners across the company on the proactive formulation of risk management and business strategies.
- Manage the relationship with our external public policy and government relations firms to develop and deliver on the overall strategy for sustainability and advocacy.
- Partner with the General Counsel and legal team to ensure regulatory and compliance requirements, including consumer protection laws, SEC disclosure, data protection laws and regulations, privacy, and international competition law frameworks.
- Ensure that our membership in trade associations are in line with our values around sustainability and equity.
- Lead advocacy efforts for policy matters aligned with Logitech’s core values including sustainability and equity, and collaborate with other teams including the Sustainability and Communications teams to demonstrate Logitech’s leadership on these issues.
- Partner with the Communications team to ensure our advocacy work builds the Logitech brand as a leader on sustainability and engages key spokespeople across the company on values-based policy and public education. Serve as a corporate spokesperson on panels, in blogs, and directly with policy-makers and other companies.
- Ensure that Logitech leaders are well represented at major policy events and conferences.
- Work collaboratively with Logitech’s CEO, Global Head of Operations and Sustainability, Head of Global Communications, General Counsel and senior legal team members to align on strategy for the company’s multi-year policy and thought-leadership goals.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- We are looking for a strategic, thoughtful, well-respected leader who has experience building things from scratch and partnering across teams to deliver corporate objectives and who thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- A successful candidate will have robust experience with global public policy across a range of areas including sustainability, global trade and related geopolitical matters.
- Candidates should have familiarity and experience working with trade associations and external coalitions.
- Candidates must have experience designing a framework and managing a process for engaging in complex, high-profile policy questions, partnerships, and coalitions in a workplace committed to diversity equity and inclusion.
- 10+ years of relevant public policy and/or government affairs work, including with a global company.
- Outstanding communicator who can advocate for issues externally in public settings as well as explain their impacts internally.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to distill and present complex information plainly and succinctly.
- Ability to excel and maintain a positive attitude in a high-performance, fast-paced professional environment, while managing multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Highest level of integrity and professionalism.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 1-510-713- 4866 for assistance.
Job posted: 2022-11-14