Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Head Public Policy US
Credit Suisse maintains a public policy team in Washington, DC to serve as the nexus between public policy makers within Congress, the Administration, regulatory policy agencies, and trade associations. In this role, applicant will create and drive an internal process to formulate policy on a portfolio of issues then leverage various channels to incorporate that into big picture policy. This role will be responsible for liaison and responsible for keeping Credit Suisse’s business units and product teams informed and up to date on events in Washington, DC
Your future colleagues
An opportunity to work with a team (6-8) of highly motivated, expert, and independent professionals. We have a collaborative and accountable work environment that stresses teamwork, recognition, and having fun while under pressure. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Whether from Capitol Hill or a regulatory agency or from working in a presidential Administration, the Credit Suisse Public Policy teams needs individuals who can navigate the government process. Proven experience of at least 10-20 years
- Detailed knowledge of the U.S. financial regulatory structure
- Equivalent work experience navigating US legislative and regulatory processes
- Experience in managing independent professionals working on multiple priorities while getting results
- Senior management presence who can speak authoritatively on events in Washington, DC impacting the Bank and its clients
- Ability to maintain a thoughtful and even perspective on current political events with bi-partisan relationships
- Excellent presentation skills covering a wide variety of topics to large audiences
- Excellent writing skills to cover portfolio of issues for non-political investor audience
- Experience in leading all aspects of a Political Action Committee and its governance
- Able to meet sensitive timelines on multiple projects
- Ability to optimally support both key internal US business partners and the global function/the Bank overall.
- Willingness to attend “afterhours” events and functions and travel to US headquarters in New York
- Preferred Master’s Degree/JD
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-23