Head of Social and Community
About the role
As a Head of Social and Community, you will be leading social media and community teams to help drive strategy across social media publishing, campaigns, paid social, social listening and insights, and community building. This highly cross-functional role will work with internal teams across brand marketing, creative, paid acquisition, compliance, and external agencies and partners to launch breakthrough social media strategies and campaigns that drive measurable business outcomes.
In this role, you can expect to
- Lead our social media and community teams and help drive strategy across social media publishing, campaigns paid social, social listening and insights, and community building
- Own definition of KPIs and measurement of social media efforts across both outbound and inbound initiatives
- Develop and inspire team members to push boundaries and explore new strategic initiatives that produce high impact results
- Manage and lead a seasoned team of social media experts, community managers, and social support agents
- Provide input on our go-to-market strategies for new product launches and brand campaigns to maximize reach across social media properties
- Partner with the paid team on initiatives that drive results for brand and product marketing campaigns
To thrive in this role, you have
- A BS/BA in Marketing or related field
- 10+ years developing innovative social media initiatives for consumer brands at an advertising/marketing agency and/or in-house at a tech, consumer finance or innovative, fast-paced consumer brand
- Team building and management experience. You’ll be leading a high-performing team that you’ll be responsible for mentoring and developing
- In-depth knowledge of community management and social media listening tools such as Sprinklr, Syntesio, NetBase, etc.
- A deep understanding of how to operationalize and scale social media support teams
- Experience managing paid social campaigns to support brand efforts by maximizing reach and engagement.
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable reviewing and analyzing business performance metrics, KPIs, ability to pivot when the data tells you
- The ability to think outside of the box creatively and take risks building a consumer brand from ground level
- A reputation for developing and maintaining highly collaborative cross-functional internal and external relationships working with designers, product managers, compliance, finance, etc.
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $14.5B. We’ve raised over $1B in funding from leading investors, including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 📝 Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-02