Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Head of U.S. Government Relations
About the Team
The Global Public Policy and Government Relations team is Zoom’s API to governments around the world. We prepare Zoom for political and regulatory developments by providing analysis and developing policy strategies. We protect Zoom’s ability to compete by influencing public policies and representing the company before policymakers. We promote Zoom’s business by enhancing its freedom to operate and providing political “air cover”.
About the Role
In this role, you will:
- Ensure that Zoom’s executive team and other key staff are aware of and understand the business significance of policy developments of relevance to the company.
- Engage with Members of Congress and Congressional staff; top Executive Branch agencies (e.g., the White House, Department of Commerce, and Department of Homeland Security); and state and local governments to advocate Zoom’s interests.
- Develop a broad and deep network of relationships with policymakers, thought leaders, and other policy professionals that enhance Zoom’s reputation as a constructive and thoughtful player in the development of public policy.
- Drive Zoom’s thought leadership initiatives and partnerships in Washington, DC, including with think tanks, policy organizations, and NGOs focused on issues of relevance to Zoom.
- Manage Zoom’s memberships in U.S.-based trade associations to maximize collaboration with industry colleagues where joint action is beneficial.
- Report to the Head of Global Public Policy & Government Relations.
- You must have a minimum of eight years of experience developing and executing public policy strategies and interacting professionally in a public policy environment.
- You must be able to demonstrate leadership and accountability.
- You must be able to develop and execute an effective strategy.
- You collaborate and communicate successfully.
- You can identify and understand the business significance of public policy issues.
- You utilize strong political knowledge and networks.
- You have extensive experience working with senior government officials, private sector leaders, and other public policy professionals in Washington, DC.
- You must have prior experience developing and executing public policy strategies in the technology sector, including with respect to privacy, cybersecurity, and online safety issues.
- You have skill at building diverse, cross-functional, and multi-level relationships and experience advising and interacting with senior business executives.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-05