Head of U.S. Policy Communications
What You’ll Do
Lead all aspects of communications and PR for Cisco’s public policy, government affairs, and public sector business. This will be a role that requires the ability to develop innovative approaches as well as strong execution in partnership with a diverse set of Cisco’s most senior leaders. Together, you will develop and execute plans, internal & external messaging, blogs/PRs/social posts, work with top-tier press, and engage with third-party organizations to amplify Cisco’s messages.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead Cisco’s media campaigns and ongoing response to major public policy issues that impact our people, business, or communities
- Build original and compelling content for internal and external partners that drives awareness of Cisco’s positions on infrastructure, cybersecurity, networking, hybrid work, digital transformation, and more
- Engage communications and business leaders across multiple subject areas to build coordinated communication strategies and plans for Cisco’s Public Sector business
Who You’ll Work With
The Corporate Communications & Public Affairs team crafts Cisco’s corporate reputation among the business community, governments, customers, investors, local communities, employees, and prospective talent. As part of the Global Communications team, our mission is to continually drive positive awareness of Cisco’s purpose, business strategy & leadership, and the impact our innovations have on society.
We are a highly-matrixed global team – partnering with Cisco’s Chief People, Policy & Purpose Officer, Chief Government Strategy Officer, Chief Legal Officer, Global Innovation Officer, SVP of Corporate Affairs, and SVP of Public Sector, and their respective teams. In addition, we work with closely with our brand, media, news bureau, and communications colleagues across the business.
Who You Are
You understand how public policy issues, politics, and corporate reputation can drive growth for a business and craft how the technology industry is viewed by society. Ideally, you’ll have experience running policy communications campaigns at a technology company, a trade association, or within government. You’ll possess a learning-mindset and excel at digging into policy-related discussions about cybersecurity, digital infrastructure, environmental sustainability, hybrid work, and public sector technology. Most importantly, we want you to have a proactive and fun executive presence and leadership skills – people management experience is a plus.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- A bachelor’s dree and 6-10 years of experience in communications focused on U.S. Policy
- Comfortability working at the executive level
- Content creation for external communications
- Deep understanding of political topics related to the tech industry (ie Cyber Security, Hybrid work, environmental sustainability
- Experience acting as liaison with media outlets
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-19