Head of U.S. Public Policy & Economic Graph
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
Our vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce, and aligning to our vision is the ongoing development of the world’s first Economic Graph. The Global Public Policy & Economic Graph team is comprised of regional policy leads, policy analysts, researchers, economists, and data analytic experts, all of whom are working to advance our mission through partnering with governments, multilaterals, third-party organizations, non-profits, and policy-making stakeholders around the world. We are looking for a passionate, authentic, and dynamic executive to lead our policy and government relations engagement across the United States.
The ability to work as part of a team that influences the world’s leading policymakers and government leaders through the use of its labor market insights and data makes this a once-in-a-career opportunity.
As the head of U.S. Policy, you will be responsible for the following duties, in addition to working with a global cross-functional team of leading experts in the future of work and tech policy space.
- Deliver a public policy and government affairs strategy that enables LinkedIn to pursue its vision, mission, and business strategy in the U.S.
- Actively monitor relevant legislation and regulation and formulate strategies to help shape outcomes.
- Work with trade associations, industry partners, non-profit groups, and other policy influencers to promote and build support for LinkedIn.
- Lead and inspire the U.S. Public Policy & Economic Graph team to realize our objectives and deliver excellence in everything we do.
- Design, launch and deliver Economic Graph partnership and campaigns and execute field plans and digital engagement strategies.
- In partnership with regional and global leadership, become a LinkedIn ambassador and build positive relationships with key policymakers and influencers in the U.S.
- Engage proactively with policymakers and influencers to highlight LinkedIn’s impact on the U.S.’s economies and its vision of creating the world’s first economic graph.
- Work closely with LinkedIn’s global and regional teams to ensure consistency, coordination, and effectiveness in achieving our U.S. public policy and government affairs goals.
- 12+ years’ experience in the U.S. policy space
- Experience with technology and future of work policy issues
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with a talent for turning complex issues into ones that a busy layperson understands easily
- Proven transformative leadership skills
- Ability to partner and collaborate across a multinational organization
- Strategic and entrepreneurial self-starter
- Integrity-driven; operates within the highest level for performance and behavior
- Inspirational leader and influencer who can build commitment and trust as well as coach for performance
- A collaborative team player who is willing to be fully hands-on
- Results-driven and detail-oriented, with the combined pragmatism and leverage to do more with less
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-30