Head of US Government Affairs
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
We believe that semiconductor technology is a force for good. Without it, there would be no smartphones, internet or modern aviation to connect us, wherever and whoever we are. There would be no satellites to better understand our planet, and none of the medical technology that helps to diagnose and treat disease.
ASML is a key player in the world that makes that all happen. In fact, there is a big chance ASML is part of the electronic device you’re using right now, because we are a world-leading manufacturer of chip-making machines. We provide chipmakers with state-of-the-art hardware, software and services to mass produce patterns on silicon, increasing the value of a chip while making them faster, smaller and at lower manufacturing cost.
Headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, we currently employ over 27,000 people worldwide, spread across 60+ offices. In 2020, ASML’s net sales added up to 14.0 billion euro’s.
The Government & External Affairs Department’s mission is to represent ASML’s interests towards governments to help shape public policy in support of ASML’s strategic objectives and the communities ASML operates in. Government & External Affairs is part of ASML’s Strategy & Presidents’ Office.
Location: Greater Washington DC area
Are you able to see the big picture and translate relevant political and societal developments into actions? We are looking for you!
You want to become a part of global collaboration, where creativity, diversity and a dynamic work environment are celebrated. You’re encouraged to bring your best ideas and act on them. You have the freedom, trust and support in your field to experiment and solve complex challenges.
Head of US Government Affairs, based in Washington DC, is a newly created position. S/he will play an important role in supporting ASML’s growth in the fast-moving High-Tech industry; a dynamic sector influenced by government involvement and public policy changes.The incumbentwill develop and lead initiatives related to interactions with government and other public organizations.S/he will monitor political and regulatory developments in the US that may affect ASML priorities. Furthermore s/he will build and manage relationships at relevant US government institutions, thinktanks and other public organizations at various levels.
As a member of ASML’s Government & External Affairs Department, s/he will report to the Head of Government & External Affairs and will work closely with colleagues at ASML headquarters and throughout the world.
You are responsible for informing, engaging and connecting stakeholders. You’ll be involved in designing, developing and executing the US governmental affairs strategy.
This position requires someone who:
- Engages with ASML leadership to develop publicpolicy strategy, campaigns, and engagement within the US
- Shows leadership, vision and executioncapabilities to achieve value-adding results in a complex internationalpolitical environment
- Develops and maintain healthy relationships with USgovernment institutions
- Promotes a positive presence of ASML with US governmentinstitutions and other public organizations to (help) shape the policyenvironment relevant for ASML business
- Has sound business judgment and analyticalskills, ability to formulate, develop and execute agreed strategies.
- Executes complex initiatives and projects incooperation with multiple stakeholders and demonstrates capability to analyseand break up complex problems into tasks and responsibilities that can be,and are, delegated and executed
- Supports key ASML executives with policypositions and communications materials
- Assists ASML executives in public policyengagement efforts via speaking engagements and meeting opportunities
- Continuously monitors and interprets thepolitical and policy landscape in the US and provides ASML leadership withpractical insights on policies that may have an impact on ASML
- Shows appetite and capability to independentlyidentify political risks and opportunities, and initiate and execute actionsto mitigate said risks.
- Works collaboratively with other departments(e.g. Legal, Export Control, Communication, R&D) to ensure strategicalignment, well-informed decision-making and compliance and improve publicand governmental affairs skills
Please send your resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bachelors degree in the fields of law, public administration, political science or communications, from a reputable university. Masters degree a plus.
- At least 15 years’ of experience working on trade, technology and/orR&D policy issues within government, think tanks, public interestgroups, or relevant industry associations.
- Relevant network in the Washington DC arena.
- Experience at a multinational company and/or in internationalgovernmental relations environment, preferably with C-level exposure.
- Experience in or demonstrable affinity withHigh-Tech industry.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of USpolitical processes, legislation, lobbying requirements and workingphilosophies
- Strong stakeholder management experience – workingwith executive levels in an international environment – and the ability toinfluence and network.
- Proven experience interacting with high levelgovernment officials, policy-makers, agencies and other stakeholder groups
- Ability to translate highly complex issues andstrategies into clear public affairs goals and activity plans
- Experience in working consultatively with tactand diplomacy and being persuasive in demanding situations.
- Proven track record to consult on and executerelevant governmental affairs strategies across different regions andcultures.
- Excellent writing and communication skills(native English standard)
- Ambitious with a can do mentality – takesownership
- Resilient, proactive, driven, self-propelling
- Creative problem solver, out of the box thinker
- Relationship builder, collaborative team player
- Keen networker with excellent influencing skills
- Entrepreneurial,commercially astute
- Aware of cross-cultural differences with a well-calibratedpolitical antenna
- Sets targets and priorities effectively andefficiently
- Enjoys working in anopen, transparent, informal, dynamic and hard-working environment
Context of the position
You’ll be at the heart of this worldwide company. The main aspect of your role is to design, develop, drive and execute the external affairs strategy with a focus on the US. You report to the Head of Government & External Affairs.
Key Interfaces: Senior Management across ASML, (Country) Management, Research & Development, Sustainability, Human Resources, Legal, Export Control, Field Marketing, and Communications.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Location: Greater Washington DC area
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Job posted: 2021-02-11