At Sanofi US, we are committed to the growth of our people, connected in purpose by career, life and health.
Headquartered in Bridgewater, NJ, Sanofi US is part of a leading global healthcare company dedicated to discovering, developing and distributing therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs.
Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets, animal health and Genzyme.
Sanofi US employs approximately 17,000 people across the country all dedicated to protecting health, enhancing life and responding to the hopes and potential healthcare needs of seven billion people around the world.
Commitment is our Strength.
Ready to grow together?
Sanofi US endeavors to make our career center accessible to any and all users. If you are experiencing difficulty and need assistance applying online, please call 1-800-207-8049 Option 7, then Option 3.
Sanofi US Services, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
This role leads US policy issue identification and analysis within the North America Government Relations (NAGR) team, which is part of the global External Affairs function. The NAGR issues lead will help drive business value by providing proactive and reactive recommendations, analysis and solutions to advance Sanofi business interests.
The Head of US Policy will identify and manage both short-term and long-term health care issues and trends that will affect Sanofi’s US operations including matters concerning access, transparency, R&D, tax, trade, distribution, sales and marketing, environmental concerns and other potential issues that would impede our ability to operate in the US. The role requires cross functional integration across a range of business issues and functions with a primary focus on the US market and how changes to it will affect global operations, revenue and other key corporate metrics.
This role will provide analysis and support for Federal and State Government Relations, External Affairs initiatives, US and global senior management (including the CEO) and support interactions with PhRMA, BIO, and other trade/policy groups as needed.
This role will work closely with Global Policy leadership and will ensure that US positions are aligned with global policy positions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct Strategic Analysis—Initiate and conduct strategic analysis of broad health policy proposals and prioritize issues which impact the ability to operate effectively as an innovator and manufacturer of therapeutic health solutions.
- Establish Policy Positions—Collaborate with Global Policy, NAGR, key US business leaders and External Affairs colleagues to establish strategic policy positions and initiatives that help meet the US region’s commercial goals and objectives.
- Assess Policy Impacts—Independently conduct or direct quantitative studies to assess impacts of new policies or proposed changes in policy on Sanofi.
- Develop Policy Proposals– Develop policy proposals that advance Sanofi policy positions and objectives in the US, in collaboration with Business Units, Global Policy and other appropriate functions (e.g., reimbursement, market access, public affairs, etc.).
- Provide Insight and Support for Executives– Provide health care environment analysis, insights and position support for US senior management, and global management (including the CEO). This includes supporting leadership in carrying out their roles in representing Sanofi on trade association and advocacy organization governing boards and in representing the company before government entities or officials, including the US Congress.
- Drive Alignment on Key Issues– Coordinate with External Affairs colleagues and other appropriate functional areas to proactively inform and educate Sanofi management and employees about significant and timely positions and external developments and to provide support in decision making around key policy areas with a “One Sanofi” mindset.
- Engage Externally– Represent Sanofi in policy conversations in appropriate external venues, including trade associations and other policy-oriented organizations (e.g., NPC, HLC, PhRMA), and establish Sanofi as an industry leader within such organizations.
- Oversight of those working in both US federal and state policy space
Post-Bachelor’s Degree from Accredited College or University (e.g. Masters or Equivalent) plus 10-15 years of experience
10+ years in leadership or healthcare policy, advocacy and research, understanding of broad strategic product development and commercialization issues, P&L, and other long-term business implications of policy; ability to synthesize and then educate groups and individuals about issues in health care and government trends. Demonstration of influencing skills and ability to work successfully in highly matrixed organization.
Understanding of policy environment and commercial and strategic business implications. Expertise in identifying, quantifying, synthesizing and then educating groups and individuals about proposed changes, and on-going issues in health care and government trends. Must be able to work independently, take and lead initiatives, and partner interdependently. Requires excellent written and oral communication skills with strong technical and analytical skills. Prefer people management experience. #LI-SA
: Public Affairs
: United States-District of Columbia-Washington
: Mar 31, 2017, 2:10:30 PM
Job Posted: April 18, 2017