Head of US Public Policy and Social Impact
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
We’re looking for a public policy leader to join our Public Policy and Social Impact team. We are focused on building the expertise and relationships necessary to advise the company and ensure we are responsible members of the communities we belong to — from local communities where Pinterest has an office, to the community of civil society organizations and policymakers that shape internet policy. You will be based in Washington, D.C., charged with both educating key audiences about Pinterest, and learning from experts to inform the decisions we make as a company. You will lead our work in the US, developing and executing our public policy strategy at the federal, state and local levels.
The ideal candidate will have experience with a wide range of technology public policy issues. They enjoy diving into the substance of an issue and building the relationships necessary to make sure Pinterest is being thoughtful about those issues. They will thrive in an environment where they can roll up their sleeves and do the necessary work themselves, and where they can find creative ways to work within the limited resources of a growing company.
What you’ll do:
- Lead our US public policy work. You will develop and execute our public policy strategy at the federal, state and local levels
- Build relationships with policymakers, issue experts, advocacy groups, trade associations, industry partners and civil society organizations to support policies on key issues that help Pinterest achieve its mission and support our users
- Advise your colleagues on the public policy team, as well as senior management and cross-functional leaders about relevant policy issues that could have an impact on the company
- Proactively engage with experts on a range of issues that matter to Pinterest. Ensure our team is being thoughtful about how we handle various challenges that could impact Pinners. Clearly communicate our approach to external audiences
- Partner with cross-functional colleagues to help Pinterest employees engage with the communities where they live and work, especially in cities where we have a growing presence (e.g. New York and Chicago)
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience spanning government, community affairs, civil society or in the private sector (as part of public policy, legal and regulatory affairs function) ideal
- Excellent communication skills. You are a strong public speaker and can explain complex issues to a broad range of audiences
- Knowledge of the political landscape and expertise in the federal and state legislative processes. Deep understanding of regulatory issues that affect businesses in our industry
- Exceptional judgment and impeccable integrity. Track record of developing and executing pragmatic, creative solutions to novel public policy challenges on your own
- Proven experience developing a strategy and leading execution of public policy or community affairs campaigns with limited oversight or support when given high-level objectives
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-15