Head of Women’s Safety Policy
About the Role
As a Public Policy Manager for Women’s Safety, you are Uber’s connection between our market-leading technology used by millions of people daily and the unique and growing audience of policymakers, regulators, advocates, and third parties who are focused on the safety of the platform.. You are a key leader with vision and conduit for Uber’s approach to women’s & personal safety externally, and will serve as a subject matter authority for local policy and communications teams. Internally, you’ll also be a thought partner for Uber’s Safety Product, Operations, Legal and Marketing teams, helping drive innovative and impactful programs that support women’s safety.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with cross-functional partners across safety to inform our approach to data collection and play a leading role in developing Uber’s US Safety Reports
- Track legislative, regulatory and broader societal developments around women’s safety around the world. Use these insights to develop thoughtful policies and provide guidance on the safety implications of Uber’s products, services, and features on women, survivors and the communities in which Uber operates.
- Work closely with cross-functional US and global teams to develop and communicate Uber’s positions on women’s safety in regulatory submissions, stakeholder meetings, and other external-facing convenings.
- Represent Uber on issues of women’s safety and interpersonal safety at public events and conferences.
- Maintain strong relationships with women’s safety and advocate groups, think tanks and academic organizations, and other industry peers.
- Develop and execute campaigns and other programmes with safety groups and other third parties with a view to improving safety for women on and off the Uber app.
- 7+ years work experience, with a demonstrated interest in safety, women’s economic empowerment, and/or technology policy issues.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with women’s safety advocates, survivor organizations, and groups passionate about empowering women.
- Experience working with senior leaders and executives on high-impact projects and deliverables.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple business and policy priorities.
- Excellent ability to distill complex and nuanced issues into persuasive resources for a wide array of partners, internally and externally.
- Outstanding ability to scope, design, prioritize, and execute cross-functional projects.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-14