Health Care Communications Director
Forbes Tate Partners
We are currently seeking a bright, focused and proactive individual to join our team as a communications director for health care specific work. The candidate should be successful in crafting strong and compelling messages, devising smart communications and advocacy strategies, engaging the right audiences, and influencing public opinion to deliver results. They should also demonstrate management of large-scale projects, including managing and reporting out work with other consultants and coalition partners.
Candidates should be able to understand complex health care policy challenges at the federal and state political environments while balancing brand reputation.
This position is full-time salaried, with benefits and paid holidays.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working directly with campaign/coalition leadership to execute communications plan
- Working with a large consultant/vendor team to review and collaborate on messaging ideas
- Review all content put out externally to match the approved message frame
- Coordinate across all consultants for regular benchmark reporting and message testing
- Identify media and speaking opportunities for stakeholders
- Serve as additional spokesperson
- Review and track paid media spending
- Oversee and manage content creation
Ideal candidates will have a bachelor’s degree, campaign, Administration or hill experience, and knowledge of health care policy, but these are not requirements. Additional professional attributes include:
- Strong writing and editing skills including attention to grammatical detail, clarity, speed, and accuracy
- The ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Willingness to be a team player that works well in a collaborative environment and is willing to take initiative when necessary
- The ability to quickly synthesize information from multiple sources, identify salient points, and think creatively about how to communicate their significance
Job Location: Washington, DC
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their resume, cover letter, and one writing sample (3 pages or less) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line: HEALTH CARE COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR.
No calls, emails or faxes please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
FTP is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment.
Job posted: 2020-03-08