Health Care Media Relations Specialist
New York, NY
We have an immediate opening for a Consultant, Health Care Media Relations to join our growing New York, NY office’s media relations team.
By joining our New York office, you will be joining colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious. Clients come to us to help solve tricky problems, create new ideas and campaigns, and connect with others. We believe in the power of communication to affect change and we are excited by purposeful work.
As a Consultant, you will lead project work and collaborate closely with colleagues at all levels and around the world on research, writing, media, and creative problem-solving. You’ll often have the opportunity to work across disciplines, including corporate communication, crisis and issues, sustainability and corporate responsibility, media relations and stakeholder engagement, and digital/social media.
· Performs day-to-day strategic communications account work, with assistance from more junior and senior colleagues, for our high profile, globally recognized clients
· Independently manages several small accounts or projects for large accounts, serving as account lead and/or primary point of contact with support and supervision, as needed
· Manages client expectations, earning their respect, trust and confidence through proactive account management to successfully maintain and grow client relationships
· Develops and manages project programming, including implementation plans, staffing plans, budgets, timelines and measurement/evaluation
· Produces high-quality, client-ready written deliverables, such as press materials, messaging toolkits, social media strategies, and advocacy communications, often under tight deadlines
· Leads media relations efforts, including cultivating relationships with media, drafting strategies, organizing press outreach, and more
· Integrates digital and social media tactics with overall communications strategy and construct traditional and digital measurement deliverables upon request
· Develop and distribute client materials including press releases and talking points
· 4-6 years of experience in media relations, in-house or at an agency
· Strong track record of media relations results including some established media relationships and an eagerness to build new relationships with key journalists and media outlets
· An understanding of the changing media landscape and the ability to think creatively about media strategy and outlets for APCO’s healthcare clients
· Solid project management experience and a proven ability to manage multiple projects and client initiatives and teams of both junior and senior colleagues in a fast-paced environment
· Exceptional writing and analytical skills, and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
APCO Worldwide is a global communication consultancy. We help the most innovative organizations adapt and thrive in this fast-moving, interconnected and complex world. We do this for all types of organizations, in all industries and in all situations. We partner with clients to guide them through a changing, complex global environment, enabling them to reach their business and societal goals. We bring our clients’ work to life creatively and digitally through diverse thinking and a campaign mentality that embraces a variety of integrated tactics to achieve success. Our work impacts bottom lines; creates and protects jobs; defines issues important to society; improves workplaces and communities; gains visibility for and gives voice to those who may not typically be heard; and much more. Simply put, our work is impactful, meaningful, and problem-solving or opportunity-creating. APCO is a majority employee- and women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named “Public Affairs Agency of the Year” 2017 “Best Large Agency to Work For” 2013-2014 and one of the “Top Places to Work in PR” by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please apply here: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=o5HF8fwj&s=Public_Affairs_Counc
Job posted: 2018-12-15