Health Care Research Director
Forbes Tate Partners
We are currently seeking a bright, focused and proactive individual to join our team as health care specific research director. The candidate should be successful in understanding health care, economic, and funding policy at state and federal levels. They should also be able to develop, manage, and track a research agenda, manage various vendors and consultants, and have a communications background to develop an annual communications calendar. They should also demonstrate management of large-scale projects, including managing and reporting out work with other consultants and coalition partners.
Candidates should be able to understand complex health care policy challenges and how to leverage and deploy a supportive research agenda. They should also be highly organized.
This position is full-time salaried, with benefits and paid holidays.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working directly with campaign/coalition leadership to set an annual research agenda
- Design research plans, with campaign/coalition leadership
- Oversee consultants and vendors to implement research agenda and rollouts
- Regularly brief coalition members on research pipeline
- Identify and recruit additional research partners at the regional and national level
- Coordinate across all consultants for regular reporting
Ideal candidates will have a bachelor’s degree, research and communications experience, and knowledge of health care policy, but these are not requirements. Additional professional attributes include:
- Strong grasp of a variety of health care and economic analysis
- A background in working with diverse stakeholders within health care policy
- The ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Willingness to be a team player that works well in a collaborative environment and is willing to take initiative when necessary
- The ability to quickly synthesize information from multiple sources, identify salient points, and think creatively about how to communicate their significance to team and coalition members
Job Location: Washington, DC
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their resume, cover letter, and one example of campaign work (3 pages or less) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line: HEALTH CARE RESEARCH DIRECTOR.
No calls, emails or faxes please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
FTP is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment.
Job posted: 2020-03-08