Health Care State Campaigns Director
Forbes Tate Partners
We are currently seeking a bright, focused and proactive individual to join our team as a state campaigns director for health care specific work. The candidate should be successful in understanding state legislative, regulatory, and executive activity and process. They should also be able to develop, manage, and track communications and advocacy campaigns. They should also demonstrate management of large-scale projects, including managing and reporting out work with other consultants and coalition partners.
Candidates should be able to understand complex health care policy challenges and how to leverage and deploy a diverse set of tools and tactics. They should also be highly organized.
This position is full-time salaried, with benefits and paid holidays.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working directly with campaign/coalition leadership to track state legislative activity across the country
- Design campaign plans, with campaign/coalition leadership
- Working with coalition members and consultants across diverse interests across health care
- Working with a large consultant/vendor team to review and collaborate on campaign ideas
- Coordinate across all consultants for regular reporting
- Identify media and speaking opportunities for stakeholders in states and regions
Ideal candidates will have a bachelor’s degree, campaign or state legislative experience, and knowledge of health care policy, but these are not requirements. Additional professional attributes include:
- Strong grasp of a variety of tactics and tools in political or advocacy campaigns
- Strong assessment and tracking skills for analytics and grassroots tools
- The ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Willingness to be a team player that works well in a collaborative environment and is willing to take initiative when necessary
- The ability to quickly synthesize information from multiple sources, identify salient points, and think creatively about how to communicate their significance to team and coalition members
Job Location: Washington, DC
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their resume, cover letter, and one example of campaign work (3 pages or less) to email@example.com. Please include in the subject line: HEALTH CARE STATE CAMPAIGNS DIRECTOR.
No calls, emails or faxes please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
FTP is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment.
Job posted: 2020-03-08