Health Communication Manager, Marketing & Outreach
At Fors Marsh Group (FMG), we combine the power of science and strategy to improve people’s lives. Each day, we work with institutions and organizations that seek to disrupt markets, understand and influence behavior, drive action on a national scale, and create positive impact. Our approach extends far beyond our client portfolio—as a certified B Corporation and a 2020 Greenbook Top 50 Market Research Company, we make a difference in our community through corporate-sponsored employee volunteer programs and pro bono partnerships with values-aligned nonprofits. Most importantly, as a 2019 Washington Post Top Workplace, we are committed to putting people first and foster a culture that reflects that commitment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity and inclusivity as the foundation of a healthy, successful, and innovative work environment. Join us, and together we can work to ensure a better tomorrow.
We are currently seeking an experienced, skilled and organized Health Communication Manager to join our marketing and outreach team. The Health Communication Manager will provide experience in project management, marketing, health communications, and support of public health and social marketing campaigns and programs.
As an account manager, the selected individual will be involved with branding, message and materials development, stakeholder engagement, media outreach, and special events on health program and campaign implementation across a variety of topics, including sexual assault prevention, suicide prevention, public health preparedness, tobacco use prevention and cessation.
The selected candidate will also apply this expertise to the pursuit of new business. Proposal development in the division consists of leading strategic, written responses to Government RFPs and other similar requests, convening brainstorming meetings, writing and editing proposal sections, working with internal teams to develop budgets and ensuring the overall quality of on-time submissions.
FMG offers a fast-paced, intellectually rich environment—driven by exceeding our clients’ goals, on deadline, at all times. We take pride in our background and success working with federal agencies and are looking for a candidate that is motivated by personal and corporate growth, driven to meet internal and external goals by understanding and applying strategic communication and marketing principles and tactics to public affairs and issue campaigns.
- Develop and implement health and social marketing strategic communication and campaign plans and lead project teams to accomplish plan objectives.
- Lead program execution, which may include developing a range of content, coordinating with creative studio, content development, managing social media calendars and channels, and engaging stakeholders and partners.
- Establish and track marketing metrics, conduct analyses and produce reports.
- Present and communicate complex public health messages in concise, digestible way.
- Plan and manage meetings and events.
- Lead and participate in federal health business development activities.
- Experience 8-10 years in health communication program development at an agency/consulting firm.
- Experience in federal health business development including planning, writing, and coordinating.
- Strong writing skills, including writing sections of government proposal and also technical writing for lay audiences.
- Experience required working with one or more Institutes at NIH and CDC.
- Experience supporting all facets of health communication and marketing programs, including strategy development, media outreach, social media, partnership development, and project management.
- Excellent organization, writing, editing and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – dynamic on phone & in-person.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong listening skills
- Confidently leads meetings with client and internal teams
- Previous experience with federal health campaigns/initiatives required.
Our benefits typically meet or exceed our competitors’ packages. Ways we are unique?
- Top-tier health, dental, vision, and long and short-term disability coverage all covered at 100% for employee coverage.
- Our company culture, which values balance. We work around our personal realities while always accomplishing what’s expected of us.
- We provide a floating holiday bank so you can celebrate the days you value.
- Generous matching retirement contributions and no vesting period in your third month of employment.
- Dedicated training and development budgets to expand your expertise and grow your skillset.
- You can volunteer your way with paid time off.
- You can participate in FMG staff-led affinity groups.
- Our employees receive product and service discounts through the certified B Corp network.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-24