Health Communications Manager (Multicultural)
We’re currently hiring for a Multicultural Health Communications Manager.
As a Health Communications Manager you will:
- Have an understanding of multicultural communications, importance of addressing health disparities and strategies for communicating with vulnerable populations through social marketing.
- Focus on supporting campaigns and projects that are designed to reach and engage the African American community.
- Work with project teams to support development, execution and evaluation of communication programs and products.
- Provide audience-centric support for partnership programs, earned media activities, social media engagement and paid media efforts.
As a Health Communications Manager you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising or related majors.
- 8+ years of experience working with federal health agencies, preferably in a communications or PR agency setting.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging African American/Black communities in health-related and behavior change campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience working with federal health agencies, such as the National Institutes of Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, among others.
- Knowledge of and experience with media targeting African Americans.
- Knowledge of and experience collaborating with community-based and national organizations targeting African Americans.
- Experience writing content for a variety of channels including email distributions, websites, and other collateral materials.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational skills, and ability to interface effectively with all levels of the company and client.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and team members.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-10