Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Health Communications Manager
What You Will Do:
We are currently searching for a Health Communications Manager to provide high level support to the Associate Director of the NIA, including coordination of meetings, management of trans-institute collaborations, partnership and outreach activities, and internal and external communications. This is a full-time, on-site opportunity in Bethesda, MD.
- Coordinate relevant data, including facts, figures, statistics, and graphics for use in documents and presentations.
- Monitor and evaluate of program metrics and management of program timelines.
- Support materials development by considering and integrating the work of the three Associate Director offices.
- Support Office Directors in the development, execution, and evaluation of external outreach activities.
- Facilitate external collaborations and partnerships as a vehicle for effective communications about NIA’s research accomplishments.
- Coordinate the community outreach and social marketing platform and maintain a consistent message in the community regarding the program mission.
- Facilitate and interact with community organizations and advocacy groups on behalf of the research program.
- Helps leadership organize and execute a range of external outreach and engagement efforts, for the institute’s overarching stakeholder community, including Congress, the media, and the public.
- Facilitate engagement with NIA’s internal community, including extramural and intramural divisions.
- Work with staff on dissemination of research findings to the advisory board and to the broader study community.
- Attend a variety of meetings with external stakeholder groups, track participation and action items, and monitor stakeholder group announcements between meetings.
- Supports Associate Director and Office Directors in coordinating messaging and sharing information with a wide range of community stakeholders.
- Gathers information in discussion with members of NIA community stakeholders and presents to Associate Director and Office Directors as needed.
- Facilitates institute presence across major meetings and conferences, in collaboration with both the Office of the Director and Extramural Program Divisions.
- Organize and liaison with community members to develop programs that will engage and educate communities to increase awareness of research.
- Serve as a key liaison for the Associate Director in ensuring a cohesive outreach effort across offices for a variety of community stakeholder organizations.
- Serve as a key liaison for the Associate Director in collaborating with other government agencies.
- Review community-based communications plans and programs as they evolve and provide recommendations for change and improvement.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 year of experience
What Would Be Nice To Have:
- Organizational skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communications skills
What We Offer:
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Group Term Life and Travel Assistance
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Health Savings Account, Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit and Parking Commuter Benefits
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development, Certifications & Learning Opportunities
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Care.com annual membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental Benefits via Corestream (Critical Care, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance and ID theft protection, etc.)
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-01-03