Health Communications Specialist
Aveshka is seeking Communications Specialists to support CDC’s Center for Preparedness and Response (CPR) or other CDC Centers, Institutes, or Offices engaged in public health preparedness and response functions including response to the COVID-19 pandemic. CDC CPR provides strategic direction, leadership and agency-wide coordination enabling CDC and its stakeholders to prepare for and respond to public health threats using an all hazards approach. A critical function of the CPR is to provide accurate and up-to-date guidance to CDC stakeholders and the public to enable them to prepare for and respond to public health emergencies. These may include both short-term and longer term assignments based on customer needs. In most cases, telework will be authorized.
- Develop and write web content, develop and maintain websites to promote and gain public followers, maintain and up-date critical information for targeted audiences.
- Prepare graphics for presentations, websites, promotional material.
- Write and edit information from meetings, research and synthesize information to develop summaries, reports, presentation, speeches, Congressional responses.
- Prepare/convert written material into 508 compliant web articles for public internet sites and internal intranet.
- Write material into a social media forum (Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, etc.) that interests and draws followers, educates and informs.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3+ years of work experience related to the job description
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of public health preparedness and emergency management practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in multiple media
- Familiarity with CDC clear writing guidelines
- Familiarity working in remote office and/or multiple customer locations
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Knowledge of proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision making capabilities
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client servicer and response.
- Ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Aveshka is a professional services firm focused on addressing our nation’s most complex threats and challenges. As a small business we’re committed to supporting our clients’ missions with services delivered by our diverse and experienced staff. With expertise in cybersecurity, emergency preparedness, and public health, our experience base spans federal, state, and local governments, as well as private sector entities.
Aveshka encourages collaborative communication and ongoing learning. Some of our benefits include:
- Extensive training programs
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Technology benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid time off and much more!
Job posted: 2020-12-23