Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Health Equity Manager
The South Carolina Institute of Medicine & Public Health (IMPH) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit, independent 501(c)3 organization working to collectively inform policy to improve health and health care in South Carolina. In conducting its work, IMPH takes a comprehensive approach to advancing health issues through data analysis and translation and collaborative engagement.
This role will serve as in-house health equity expert and will lead projects related to health equity. They will also support other IMPH projects, programs and services. The individual in this role should be a talented writer who can interpret complex health policy and translate it for any audience. The candidate should be comfortable with writing reports and proposals related to a variety of health topics and working collaboratively with the IMPH team to support emerging organizational needs.
In coordination with the Executive Director, this role will support organizational opportunities to contribute to informed policy. This includes authoring policy briefs and white papers, literature reviews, data analysis, supporting the content development for the Health Policy Fellows Program and supporting taskforces. The candidate should be comfortable representing the Institute as part of relevant committees, taskforces and conferences pertaining to health equity and related topics and deliver presentations/provide expertise to such groups, as requested. Other duties as determined by the Executive Director as appropriate.
This position is based in downtown Columbia, SC and office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday. COVID transmission rates may impact in-office vs. work from home options.
Minimum Qualifications: Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of relevant work experience. All degrees must be conferred from a college, university or institution of higher education recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Education and Experience
A Master’s degree in relevant field and at least 3 years of relevant work experience. Experience with health equity. All degrees must be conferred from a college, university or institution of higher education recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Demonstrated understanding of health equity and health care policy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and analytical and problem-solving skills. Must have the ability to explore, analyze, interpret and report data and research and communicate it in simple language.
- Experience in developing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse stakeholders and partners.
- Attention to detail, excellent customer service skills, flexibility in a dynamic environment.
- The ability to perform as part of a small team and to be self-directed and work independently.
- The ability to balance competing priorities, time management skills and follow-through are essential.
- Ability to occasionally travel in and out of state.
Some of the benefits employees receive include:
- 401(K) and 5% match on contributions from day one
- Health, dental & vision coverage options w/ IMPH contributing 90% of employee premium effective day one
- 15 vacation days per year + 15 sick days per year (accrued monthly)
- 7 or more days of paid time off over the week of Christmas and New Year’s + 6 other paid holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity
The South Carolina Institute of Medicine & Public Health will not and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, genetics, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Institute is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
$60,000 per year is budgeted for this position
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and writing sample to apply
Job posted: 2022-01-05