Health Policy Manager
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Health Policy Manager
Responsible for supporting efforts to monitor, research, analyze, and evaluate the impact of proposed state and federal legislation and regulations.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
– Monitors activities on specified public policy issues and proposed legislation and regulations to ensure appropriate engagement and to evaluate and assess the impact on the business.
– Conducts public policy research and analysis on a range of issues.
– Drafts advocacy materials and other documents on public policy issues.
– Participates in developing recommendations.
– Assists in issues management by working in conjunction with policy staff to represent the organization in public policy discussions.
– Partners with Public Affairs and State/Federal Government Affairs areas in working with state/local governments to support business initiatives.
– Utilizes monitoring tools to act as a strategic partner with Public Affairs and business units.
Work location: Anthem office in one of following Ohio cities: Cincinnati, Columbus, Mason, Seven Hills
Requires a BA/BS in health policy development; 5 years of experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
– Experience working in the managed care/healthcare insurance industry strongly preferred.
– Actuarial experience a plus.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-17