Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Health Policy Manager
McDermott+Consulting is a Washington DC-based healthcare consulting firm, serving a wide range of clients including health systems, physician groups, health plans, and other healthcare clients. The candidate selected as the Health Policy Manager will
support clients and consultants with ongoing lobbying and policy analysis on behalf of our clients.
Ideal candidates are strong writers, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple project deadlines, have interest and experience working on Medicaid issues, and can work collaboratively in a team environment.
This position will have critical responsibilities supporting the lobbying and policy strategy group including summarizing and analyzing relevant legislation, policy announcements, and research.
As a Health Policy Manager, you will:
• Perform in-depth research on an as-needed basis in support of a wide range of health industry clients, including safety net providers and Medicaid managed care plans
• Provide policy summaries analysis tailored to identified client or industry needs
• Draft client material, such as white papers and one-pagers
• Manage projects and assignments from senior consultants and clients through to completion
• Develop articles, thought pieces, analysis and summaries on policy developments, including legislation, executive orders, 1115 waivers and State Plan Amendments, regulations
• Participate in firm business development and marketing activities including proposal and pitch writing, product development, relationship building and other activities as requested
• Provide material support in designing engaging, graphics-oriented materials in support of client or firm objectives, including but not limited to collateral pieces, slide show presentations, leave-behinds, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s in related field preferred
• At least 3 years related work experience
• Strong analytic, research and writing skills
• Health care policy experience is required, preferred experience working on payment and regulatory policy (including
Medicare, Medicaid, and private payors), and/or working in Congress or at the Department of Health and Human
Services (HHS) or Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) or a state Medicaid agency
• Willingness to register to lobby on clients’ behalf
• Ability to manage high-priority projects simultaneously
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong presentation development skills, including graphic design
• Familiarity and relationships with major healthcare industry stakeholders (associations, advocates, and government
We continue to prioritize the health and safety of our McDermott workforce. Consistent with that commitment, in light of the substantial and growing body of evidence that vaccinations remain the most effective protection against the spread of COVID-19, we require that members of our McDermott workforce be fully vaccinated.
At this time we are not asking you to provide any information about your current vaccination status, whether you would seek a medical or religious accommodation to the policy, or for any other medical information. We are only notifying you of the policy if you are interested in moving forward with the application process.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-05-01