Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Health Policy Manager
Under the direction of the SVP, Public Affairs, the Health Policy Manager is responsible for maintaining a portfolio of public policy issues focused on healthcare administrative simplification, provider data management, interoperability, digital health and other health IT related issues, and additional issues of interest to CAQH.
- Identifies, tracks and monitors state and federal legislation and regulations of interest to CAQH.
- Monitors state and federal legislative, regulatory and agency activities of interest to CAQH, including study committees, work groups, task forces, RFIs and other forums that shape formulation of relevant public policy issues.
- Identifies and oversees research sources needed to support the monitoring of legislative and regulatory activities.
- Analyzes and summarizes health care regulatory developments of interest to CAQH and its members.
- Assesses the impact of proposed legislation and regulation on CAQH and develops recommendations and/or solutions for consideration.
- Maintains a library of relevant policy materials and resources of interest to CAQH.
- Develops and maintains a strong understanding of CAQH initiatives and the policy landscape in which CAQH operates.
- Collaborates with CAQH staff to develop a shared understanding of CAQH near and longer-term objectives potentially affected by legislative and regulatory developments.
- Contributes to the preparation of agendas and supporting material for CAQH internal and external committees and work groups as assigned. Leads discussions at same, as appropriate.
- Assists in developing and coordinating CAQH relationships with relevant state-based and national organizations, including trade associations and policy organizations.
- Supports education and outreach programming including webinars, conference presentations and other activities intended to promote thought leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of state and federal legislative and regulatory processes.
- Working knowledge of health policy issues at the state and federal levels.
- Knowledge of health plan operations.
- Understanding of influence structures within trade associations and other relevant organizations.
- Understanding of political dynamics and their impact on policy.
- Ability to gain trust and earn the respect of colleagues and members.
- Ability to anticipate the policy needs of the organization and proactively address.
- Strong documentation skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, and facilitation skills.
- Excellent written communication skills, including ability to write about complex policy issues clearly and concisely.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- 5 – 8 years of health policy, legislative, regulatory, or industry experience, or any combination of education and experience that would provide an equivalent background. Experience working on healthcare administrative simplification, provider data, interoperability, digital health, or other health IT issues a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree with focus in health policy a plus.
WHAT YOU GET:
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. We offer full-time remote work to all staff from any location and maintain a physical office (with many amenities) in downtown Washington, D.C.
WHO WE ARE:
Named one of the “Best Places to Work” by Modern Healthcare for five consecutive years, CAQH has helped nearly 1,000 health plans, 1.6 million providers, government entities and vendors connect, exchange information and operate more efficiently. CAQH technology-enabled solutions and its Committee on Operating Rules for Information Exchange (CORE) bring the healthcare industry together to make sharing business information more automated, predictable and consistent. CAQH Explorations researches opportunities to reduce the burden of manual processes in healthcare administration.
Job posted: 2022-06-14