Health Research Policy & Compliance Manager
Vibrent, a rapidly growing health-tech company is looking for someone who has strong background in Policy and Compliance Management with 5+ years of relevant experience and who can take innovative ideas and bring them to life. The ideal candidate is passionate about identifying and communicating value of Vibrent’s Digital Health Solutions Platform and Solutions and for creating compelling content that will appeal to the market. The candidate is energized by challenge, open to new ideas and willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done.
We are looking for someone who thrives in professional, strategic, and innovative environments and is committed to delivering quality strategies to bring products to market. Candidate must be self-starter, able to quickly learn and apply new knowledge in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Drive policy compliance initiatives for health-research in projects funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Author Institutional Review Board (IRB) protocols and standard operating procedures to support Vibrent’s role as the lead technology provider in the All of Us Research Program
- Develop compliance guides and documentation plans to ensure team activities conform to program-specific policies
- Provide quality assurance and provenance documentation for team activities
- Work with project managers, product managers, and technical team members to develop procedures for remaining in compliance with project protocols
- Provide weekly reports on progress of goals in external compliance relationships with National Institutes of Health
- Recommend enhancements to present and future product lines to product managers developing tools to support research compliance (e.g. enabling researchers to complete their compliance activities faster and at higher quality)
- Provide continuous updates on the impact of digital health technologies and digital health technology research
- Share similar values as existing team members toward customer satisfaction and success
- Effectively facilitate meetings, demonstrate brainstorming / consensus building skills, and interact with collaborators
- Maintain documentation and hold trainings to educate Vibrent staff on the role of Institutional Review Boards and compliance checklists for technology compliance
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Work with other communication leads to provide continuous awareness of all partner compliance needs
Required Skills and Education
- A graduate degree in Public Policy, Health Economics, Health Services Research, or a related field is required. A Ph.D. is preferred.
- 3–5 years of relevant work experience as a policy analyst/researcher within a health-oriented research/policy organization, a government agency, think-tank, foundation, or consulting firm.
- Understanding of health policy issues and familiarity with the policy making processes at the State and local levels.
- Experience writing memos, reports and peer-reviewed journal manuscripts.
- Instinct for conceiving and conducting policy-relevant and actionable research.
- Exceptional communication skills—both written and oral—and the ability to translate research into policy-relevant and actionable messages.
- Superb project management and organizational skills, including attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to lead small teams and to complete tasks with limited oversight and Supervision.
- Ability to interact with high-level individuals and organizations.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: collegial, energetic, flexible, motivated, and able to develop productive relationships with colleagues, grantees, consultants, and others who contribute to program development and management. Can work independently and as part of a team, and welcomes opportunities to work across diverse cultures.
- Demonstrated maturity and seasoned judgment.
- Ability to make decisions and justify recommendations
We offer a competitive compensation package, growth opportunities, convenient northern Virginia location, stability and longevity as we are fully funded through a large grant for the next 5 years. We enjoy working with the latest tools and technologies including enterprise mobile apps, fitness sensors, medical devices, cloud computing, machine learning, big data and analytics. We partner with national leaders in healthcare, technology and research.
Vibrent is an exciting and innovative B2B2C SaaS-based mobile health technology company that stands at the epicenter of a global transformation in healthcare. We are seeking talented and experienced professionals who are highly motivated to be a part of something special. We are proud to be the chosen as the Participant Technology Systems Center of NIH’s high-profile Precision Medicine Initiative / All of Us Research Program.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-20