Healthcare Policy & Advocacy Director
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (Strategic Customer Group) is recruiting for a Healthcare Policy & Advocacy Director (SCG) to be based in Alabama or Georgia; preferably based in Atlanta.
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (JJHCS) provides contracting, supply chain, business services, and strategic solutions to customers and commercial intermediaries of U.S.-based Johnson & Johnson companies, including hospital systems, health plans, distributors, wholesalers, purchasing organizations, government payer programs, and government healthcare institutions in the U.S. JJHCS also engages with customers to provide streamlined supply chain services for our products that seamlessly integrate with customer operations, address shared evolving market challenges to value-based care, and develop innovative solutions that improve patient care and access. *CareAdvantage, Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is offered through Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. Its Supply Chain Optimization capability is provided for Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies products.
The Healthcare Policy & Advocacy Director (SCG) works with Johnson & Johnson North America’s Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc. therapeutic areas to develop and implement strategic business and -local advocacy in response to the changing policy environment and to help ensure access to Janssen products. The Healthcare Policy and Advocacy Director will accomplish these goals by cultivating, educating, and mobilizing key advocates within their states. The Healthcare Policy and Advocacy Director has primary responsibility for interaction with the assigned Medicare Administrative Contractor and provides Federal and State policy and legislative updates to the North America Pharma field sales organization.
The Director will develop and lead relationships with Key Advocacy Leaders (physicians and patient groups). In partnership with Johnson & Johnson Government Affairs & Policy (state and Federal), they will coordinate, educate, and mobilize around key legislative priorities.
- Development, communication, and execution of strategic advocacy plans concerning legislative/policy issues and payer policies in assigned geography
- Provide Federal and State policy and legislative education to the field sales organization and Key Advocacy Leaders (KALs) within assigned geography
- Target key decision-makers and organizations and develop relationships and programs that impact access to -Janssen products (existing, new) within assigned geographic area
- Manage stakeholder-driven legislative and payer advocacy activities in territory to maintain or improve access to -Janssen products, especially pursuant to Federal and State policies and Medicare-specific issues
- Provide support to local market patient foundations and physician societies for activities related to access to assigned therapeutic areas
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Key Advocacy Leaders (KALs), state physician societies, patient foundations and other key advocacy stakeholders in their states
- Provide healthcare policy and advocacy support to Johnson & Johnson North American, Janssen Pharmaceutical Inc. therapeutic areas (Rheum, Gastro, Derm, Oncology, Urology, -Neuroscience, Cardiology, Metabolic, and Infectious Disease)
- Facilitate the education of key legislative/policy and payer issues with advocates on key National and State healthcare policy issues that impact access to care and the patient provider relationship
- Manage sponsorship requests (corporate sponsorships, charitable requests, non-CME) from key customer groups including physician societies and local patient foundations
- Possess expertise in Medicare policies including building relationships with Medicare Administrative Contractors
- Partner regularly with Johnson & Johnson Government Affairs & Policy in order to stay informed about current and future legislative (State and Federal) developments, know their impact on Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical products, and help
shape the future healthcare environment
- Effectively communicate key legislative and healthcare policy information to North American Pharm field sales organization and key external stakeholders (i.e. Physicians, Hospitals, Clinics, Pharmacy Providers, Local Patient Foundations, and local Physician Societies)
- Lead and Participate in Strategic Planning with internal and external partners
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, Masters/MBA in related field is preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with health policy development, reimbursement, medical societies, third party payers, professional societies, marketing, sales, or related Healthcare Policy is required
- Experience in working with complex markets such as: biologic (injectable and infusible) or Mental Health is preferred
- Expertise in government policy development process is preferred
- Understanding of complexities and impact associated with the changing health care environment at the local and nation level. (i.e., Medicaid/Medicare policies and guidelines, ACA, Quality, ASP, Part D, Fee-for-Service vs. Managed Medicare/Medicaid) and Alabama & Georgia payer landscape is preferred
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and ability to demonstrate effectively communicate of technical information is required
- Demonstration of strong skills in strategic planning, execution, and ability to manage complexity of collaboration with numerous cross-functional teams and partners (internally and externally) is required
This position will be based in Alabama or Georgia; preferably based in Atlanta and will require up to 60% domestic travel, including evenings and weekends is required.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-13