Healthcare Policy Advocate
In a career as a Healthcare Policy Advocateyou will help us in providing unparalleled care to youth and families across the nation. Represent organizational interests in local advocacy and public policy issues including evaluating the effectiveness of existing healthcare programs, developing opportunities, advocating for organizational programs, and evaluating the effectiveness of partnerships with local and state agencies and organizations. This position also researches complex issues, crafts possible solutions, and recommends action. No matter your role at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America’s youth.
Schedule: Full Time
- Leads relationship development with key healthcare advocacy and professional societies to ensure productive ongoing partnerships.
- Provides ad hoc advocacy support to Boys Town National Research Hospital as issues arise.
- Provides advocacy coaching and education to healthcare leadership and other key stakeholders.
- Researches policy issues and gathers data on trends affecting healthcare operations.
- Researches and disseminates current information regarding regulatory and reimbursement changes in the healthcare industry.
- Represents Boys Town Behavioral Health in local and national associations. Encouraged to take on active leadership role in associations to bring about positive public policy changes.
- Attends healthcare meetings and is deeply imbedded within healthcare operations by ensuring operational functions are coordinated, establishing systems to predict and prevent potential problems, and developing intervention strategies that minimize financial risk and exposure from policy changes.
- Identifies and tracks local healthcare legislation that has potential to impact Boys Town National Research Hospital.
- Conducts background research on state and local policies or initiatives of interest to Boys Town National Research Hospital.
- Interprets information compiled on organizational, social, technical, and political issues to determine areas of risk or potential growth opportunities.
- Prepares and presents reports and briefings on legislation and policies of interest to Boys Town National Research Hospital.
- Advises and assists on organizational issues and policy planning; assists lead agencies and Boys Town National Research Hospital in assessing contract development and fiscal operations.
- Works on legislation proposed or pending at the state or local level.
- Provides testimony to a variety of elected bodies, legislative committees and executive committees.
- Represents Boys Town National Research Hospital on local and state work groups, briefings and other professional meetings dealing with community involvement, legislation and policy issues.
- Coordinates with other advocate groups and coalitions to work on issues of common interests.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan’s Boys’ Home mission.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 + years of relevant, progressive advocacy experience required, Experience working with legislative systems, state or federal funding systems, or lobbying experience is preferred.
- Ability to apply knowledge of healthcare and behavioral health governmental and JCAHO regulations and standards.
- Ability to apply knowledge of admission and discharge criteria for programs associated within Behavioral Health Services.
- Ability to relate professionally with affiliates, physicians, and general public.
- Ability to maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and make appropriate program recommendations.
- Knowledge of legislative process at national, state and local levels, research and analysis of state and federal policies related to healthcare, and current trends in public administration.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills. Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our experts and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. Our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-08