Homeland Security Strategic Communications & Outreach Lead
Do you enjoy meaningful work in an environment where you can make an impact, learn and collaborate well with others who are just as passionate about their work as you are? If you consider your strengths to be: client engagement, publicizing new and cool initiatives, and problem-solving, then we are looking for you! Corner Alliance, a dynamic, growing consulting firm dedicated to an enriching employee experience, is looking for a Strategic Communications & Outreach Lead with 3-8 years of experience to join our team in downtown DC. You’ll make an impact on our company as it grows and contribute to meaningful work our Federal homeland security government clients.
About the Role:
You will provide strategic communications, outreach, and project coordination support to a Federal homeland security government client. The role is an opportunity for you to join a consulting team that supports meaningful and mission-oriented work to our Federal government clients with a focus on public safety information sharing, alerts/warnings/notifications (AWN), smart communities, and social media. The person that will succeed in this role is a fast learner and problem solver who can effectively manage multiple tasks and outreach initiatives on the project team.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Lead the update and implementation of the project’s outreach strategy and lead content development of outreach materials to publicize the project
- Lead content and deliverable development focused on strategic communications and outreach from start to finish on the topics of public safety information sharing, alerts/warnings/notifications (AWN), and social media to enhance first responder operations
- Lead the update of performance measurement/metrics focused on achieving the outreach goals of the project
- Manage multiple tasks and coordinate outreach initiatives with a proactive and organized process to move milestones forward
- Quickly develop rapport with federal government clients and public safety stakeholders in a professional and creative environment
- Design and facilitate outcome-driven client and public safety stakeholder meetings
- Support the project management and coordination of the consulting team’s day-to-day activities and performance
- Carry out our Company Commitments: the Employee Commitments, supporting the Company Commitments to Employees and our Commitments to our Clients
- Contribute to the firm’s business development and growth strategy
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of five years of related experience in government outreach/strategic communications, preferably in the homeland security/public safety information sharing domain
- Be equally comfortable working at a strategic level and producing high quality content and deliverables
- Experience developing, finalizing, and implementing a comprehensive outreach/strategic communications plan while managing multiple tasks to move milestones forward to result in increased awareness and use of innovative new tools for public safety officials
- Experience coordinating the development of marketing materials and managing speaking engagements, webinars, conferences, social media, and publications to enhance outreach presence.
- Direct experience working on a day-to-day (face-to-face) basis providing senior level advisement to clients and/or senior officials
- Creative thinker with the ability to translate complex information into manageable pieces
- Proficient in problem solving with a flexible approach towards stakeholders
- Receptive to all forms of feedback from clients and colleagues
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality assurance
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; skilled in writing, editing, and knowledge management
- US citizenship or permanent resident with the ability to pass a government public trust clearance or suitability
- Previous experience in meeting design and facilitation, and/or stakeholder engagement for the government
- Knowledge in homeland security information sharing field
- Experience in meeting preparation and facilitation
- Experience in business writing
Location: You will work at Corner Alliance HQ and attend client meetings as needed in NW Washington, DC
Don’t think you have everything for this role but are still very interested? Please don’t hold back from applying because you may not have it all. There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. You can learn and grow with us. So, please apply if you consider yourself to be data-driven, highly organized, detail-oriented and can multitask and this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
We are a Federal Government consulting firm focused on creating a client experience that feels a bit different. We have their backs, push them with new ideas, and start with their stakeholders to create high-performing, high-results Federal Government programs.
Our Core Purpose is simple and meaningful: where your mission matters. Whether you are our client with a mission to save lives, improve healthcare or protect our country, or you are an employee with a personal mission for contributing to meaningful work, collaborating with a great team or career advancement, we create an environment where you can achieve your mission.
Corner Alliance offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for full time employees including 401k matching (4%), PTO (3 weeks to start, 4 weeks (2-5 years) and 5 weeks (5 years+)), health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, FSA accounts, 4 weeks of paid parental leave, 10 paid holidays (including your birthday off), fitness & cell phone reimbursements, monthly all hands update meetings, annual in-person all hands team building day and evening out, a quarterly bonus program with check-ins for professional growth goals, a social team that coordinates monthly events, use of technology like Slack and Basecamp to keep us connected and collaborative, and overall, a company culture dedicated to highly engaged people.
Corner Alliance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other basis covered by applicable law.
Visit us at www.corneralliance.com/careers to learn more and apply.
Job posted: 2019-09-15