Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Housing Affordability Philanthropy Leader (Social Impact & Sustainability Executive)
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial financial services through more than 8,600 locations, 13,000 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices.
Public Affairs at Wells Fargo
Public Affairs brings together teams responsible for engaging with the company’s stakeholders. This organization exists to support, strengthen and protect Wells Fargo’s reputation by building trust, brand reputation, and positive business results. This includes advocating for Wells Fargo’s business priorities, executing an enterprise brand strategy and enhancing the company’s social impact and sustainability through the work we do. Teams within Public Affairs include Communications & Brand Management, Government Relations & Public Policy, Philanthropy & Community Impact, Sustainability, and Business
Public Affairs Teams
Communication & Brand Management manages strategic internal, external, and executive communications for Wells Fargo. The team delivers world-class communications counsel and content to stakeholders in ways that builds trust while protecting and enhancing the company’s reputation and culture. The team ensures Wells Fargo’s brand and marketing success by bringing Wells Fargo’s brand to life through experiences, events, and product/service identities.
Philanthropy & Community Impact leads the development of strategic initiatives and corporate commitments to drive positive, innovative social impact in the areas of homeownership, small business, climate/environment and financial health, and enhance Wells Fargo’s reputation in our local communities. This team is responsible for the Wells Fargo Foundation, community relations, employee volunteerism, employee charitable giving and disaster response.
Sustainability leads the development of strategic initiatives and corporate commitments on sustainability, manages critical environmental and social issues, and enhances Wells Fargo’s reputation as a leader in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) performance. This team is responsible for the Wells Fargo climate initiative, impact investing, and integrating sustainability, human rights, social justice, and equity considerations throughout the company.
Government Relations & Public Policy (GRPP) leads the company’s engagement with policy makers and leaders at the federal, state, and local levels on public policy and regulatory matters that affect our ability to conduct business and serve customers. The team includes six areas of practice: Federal Government Relations, State and Local Government Relations, Public Policy, Political Programs, and External Relations.
Public Affairs Business Execution Office leads strategy, operating model, and cross-functional initiatives for Public Affairs. The team drives transformation, risk management, operational excellence, and efficiency, while measuring progress against our strategy, focusing resources, and defining success measures.
Housing Affordability Philanthropy Executive
Wells Fargo has an exciting opportunity for a philanthropy leader with deep experience in the development of wealth opportunities realized through homeownership as well as the role of rental housing in stabilizing families and communities. In this role, you will:
- Manage a team responsible for national and regional programming initiatives
- Develop innovative strategies to align with social impact and sustainability initiatives
- Collaborate with other senior level executives, the organizational commitment to environmental sustainability and public commitments and goals
- Oversee philanthropy initiatives, communication and marketing efforts designed to enhance the company reputation as a leader in environmental sustainability
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including managers
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources to ensure commitments are met and align with strategic objectives
- Develop and guide a culture of talent development to meet business objectives and strategy
Required Qualifications, US:
- 8+ years of Social Impact or Sustainability experience, demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of Management experience
- Deep experience in housing, real estate, community and/or economic development• Ability to cultivate, build and maintain strong partnerships – specifically with internal lines of business leaders, PA leaders, and externally – public officials, nongovernmental organizations, community development financing institutions, banks and foundations
• Commitment to, and understanding of centering diversity, equity and inclusion strategies in housing, banking, public policy and/or philanthropy
• Executive presence and the confidence to credibly challenge other leaders when necessary, including holding grantees accountable for delivering outcomes
• Ability to create key strategies in the areas of advocacy, employee engagement, structured collaboration, capacity building, catalytic funding and the creation of new products and services
• Ability to develop an approach to evaluating impact of strategic philanthropic investments and donations
• Ability to create innovative and collaborative problem solving for social change
• Strong communications skills to effectively describe the intent of our programs and the impact they are delivering
Masters or doctorate degree preferred
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-11-02