Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
ResultsLab helps nonprofits, communities, philanthropy, public agencies, and social ventures to use data to accelerate positive change. We uniquely equip our clients with the data mindset, skills, and tools necessary to be more impactful in the important work they do.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As an Impact Consultant, you will support social impact organizations by providing thoughtful data practices, analytical services, and training & coaching. You will help clients to understand the opportunities that evaluation or community-informed findings present for their programs and strategic investments. You will have a varied portfolio of projects and will be both client-facing and working behind the scenes on developments with the team.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Measurement & Insight Planning and Delivery
- Support evaluation study design – supporting the development of learning questions and overall methodology to inform these questions.
- Lead the development and documentation of measurement strategies and plans, including the identification of indicators and data collection tools.
- Design and implement surveys, interviews, and other data collection tools for designated projects.
- Lead data audits, informing the gaps between the measurement plan and actual data practice.
- Support the design and implementation of data collection practices, including surveys, focus groups, social listening, and participatory data collection techniques.
- Coordinate and support the selection of client data systems and corresponding implementation.
Data Analysis, Visualization, and Use
- Analyze and interpret data to plan, develop, and evaluate programs/initiatives.
- Produce compelling data products (ex: dashboards, summaries, infographics, memos, reports) to communicate findings.
- Lead or support the facilitation of data use sessions to help clients reflect on data and inform their programs and operations.
Research and Product Development Support
- Conduct literature reviews and background exploration to inform the development of project/study plans, and key design and measurement products.
- Develop written materials (i.e. toolkits, playbooks, summary decks) to encompass developments in program design, program implementation, performance measurement, and evaluation.
Capacity Building and Coaching
- Provide facilitation, coordination, preparation and documentation support of coaching sessions with organizations and communities.
- Support periodic training and best practice sessions for clients.
- Support meetings and workshops through planning, logistics, and follow-up.
- Provide active troubleshooting with Impact Management clients on challenges to implementation.
Coordination and Project Management
- Managing the overall implementation plan for data-informed decision making, executing on deliverables in a timely, high-quality way and communicating progress to nonprofit client and ResultsLab team members.
- Lead the development of project plans or components of plans to meet the needs of clients.
- Lead project tracking and monitoring to ensure on-time and within budget execution.
- Manage client scheduling and communication.
Organizational Development & Growth
- Develop reports, presentations, training materials and thought leadership content as needed.
- Steward high-quality relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Support retention and growth strategies for our Impact Manager services.
- Contribute to organizational goals, including special projects and cross cutting initiatives.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:
- Either a bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least 4 years direct experience OR 6 years direct experience in evaluation and/or performance measurement, specifically conducting data collection, data management, analysis, and data visualization or communication.
- Experience designing and implementing learning practices, with solid facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to center evaluation, learning and strategy work in principles of equity
- Ability to capture, analyze and synthesize data, with accuracy and depth.
- Demonstrated experience compiling data in a clear, concise, compelling written and visual format.
- Ability to bring to life evaluation concepts or insights to inspire action and/or learning.
- Ability to earn the trust of others and develop relationships with team members and partners.
- Strong desire to contribute to a collaborative team atmosphere, dive in where needed
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, managing expectations across projects
- Advanced practical knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and strong data visualization skills.
- Knowledge of qualitative analysis tools such as NVivo, Atlas.ti, Dedoose, or other comparable tools
- Knowledge of data reporting and visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau or comparable tools
Bonus Skills & Experience
- Advanced degree in public policy, social science, public health, or related field.
- Experience working in a nonprofit, foundation, or government agency.
- Exposure to and experience using one or more data management systems, such as Salesforce, ETO, Apricot, mySQL, or others and a willingness to learn additional systems.
- Working knowledge of R, SPSS, or comparable analytic packages.
- Spanish language proficiency.
- K-12 education experience.
We are a national organization and welcome applicants from across the country. We are a fully remote team; incoming candidates need to be very comfortable with a remote working environment.
INCLUSION & DIVERSITY:
ResultsLab cultivates an inclusive, flexible, and innovative work environment finding new solutions for impact in the social sector and focusing on excellence for those we serve.
The ideal candidate will increase our ability to connect with and develop strong working relationships with the diverse communities served by our client organizations. We actively seek a diverse pool of applicants from, or who have worked closely with, historically underrepresented groups, including but not limited to people with disabilities, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, first or second-generation immigrants, and all socioeconomic backgrounds.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, apply here.
If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily meet every single point listed below, please apply – you could be exactly who we are looking for! We are excited to hear from you. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Job posted: 2021-12-28