Industry Affairs Manager
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Industry Affairs Manager, Agricultural Solutions NA (2001599) – Washington DCWhere the Chemistry Happens We are seeking a professional like you to support and assist with the overall strategy for industry and stakeholder management for BASF Agricultural Solutions. You will be part of a high-performance and dynamic team that will focus on key engagements and topics that support BASF Agricultural Products (AP) Freedom to Operate in North America. You will monitor and analyze a broad range of agricultural issues while also helping to anticipate and address emerging issues that could impact BASF’s license to operate. You will establish strategically important dialogues and networks with a diverse spectrum of stakeholders, including but not limited to NGOs, agricultural value chain and grower groups. You will support the Head of Industry Affairs in driving the interaction with external stakeholders while establishing transparency and enhancing internal alignment processes. This is an excellent opportunity to demonstrate your excellent problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills. You will report to the Head of Industry Affairs Agricultural Solutions NA and work closely with Legislative Affairs, Communications, and Marketing/Business staff to coordinate and enhance BASF presence and impact with key stakeholders. Travel for the role is expected to be up to 40%.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
- Leveraging your education (ideally in agricultural, political science, public affairs, politics or other relevant field) and your significant experience in industry affairs, legislative, public policy or regulatory affairs (agricultural background and comprehensive knowledge of production agriculture preferred), you will support the implementation of short and long-term strategies for Industry Affairs.
- Utilizing your strong collaboration skills, you will assist with the development of industry positions which support BASF’s license to operate.
- Your demonstrated career progression with increasing responsibilities, including building relationship with key stakeholders, will be essential as you lead proactive engagement with key stakeholders to elevate BASF presence and better position the company to address emerging issues.
- Your keen attention to detail will be important as you monitor national and state policies and stakeholder positions on agricultural issues that could impact production agriculture.
- Your ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing environment with competing priorities will aid you as you conduct project management and coordination of cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrating your excellent network ability and capacity to influence, you will establish and maintain strategically important dialogues with a broad range of stakeholders to expand the network.
- Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will serve you well as you represent BASF at various conferences as well as other meetings determined by management. You will also use these skills to provide comprehensive reports to management and key internal BASF stakeholders.
- Demonstrating creativity to find new solutions to support the business, you will develop resources to be used in workshop, panels and industry events.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career. BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-22