Institutional Communications Consultant
Drive positive outcomes for institutional plan sponsors and participants.
At Vanguard, we’re redefining the finance industry by focusing on the best interests of institutional investors. Although the Institutional Investment Group (IIG) continues to evolve, our core purpose remains – To take a stand for all institutional investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
As a Communication Consultant in IIG Strategic Retirement Consulting, you will impact institutional plan sponsors and thousands of their participants. In a collaborative environment, you will focus on building positive relationships and sharing our value proposition with plan sponsors in your book of business and some sales opportunities. Using plan data, thought leadership, and metrics that come from our groundbreaking personalization system, you will give customized, meaningful recommendations specifically developed for your plan sponsors to help their participants achieve investment
The ideal candidate will be…
- Consultative and influential with internal stakeholders and plan sponsors to drive positive outcomes.
- Passionate about collaborating with internal stakeholders, plan sponsors, and consultants.
- A strategic thinker with excellent judgment who can tackle challenges while managing multiple priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes and identifies specific participant populations and associated education needs for aligned book of business.
- Develops education strategies that balance the needs of the client, participant, and business; is responsible for the implementation of approved strategies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Participant Experience Story in presenting to Vanguard clients and internal business partners.
- Consults with and influences clients to demonstrate how effective strategies have added value, driven behaviors, and contributed to positive retirement outcomes.
- Develops and enhances client relationships through direct client contact to ensure client satisfaction, loyalty, and commitment to Vanguard.
- Contributes to the success of the sales process and positions Vanguard as a leading provider of education, advice, and financial management products and services.
- Embraces department efforts to transform and optimize the client consulting and operations functions. Demonstrates change advocacy as the organization evolves and seeks opportunities to make recommendations for improvements to our current state.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Two to five years of related business experience with at least three years related communications development and/or consulting experience preferred.
- Excellent client relationship leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multi-functional teams.
- Special Factors
- Travel requirement of up to 20%.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-23