Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Internal and Executive Communications Manager
Join our dynamic Southern California health care network dedicated to providing exceptional programs and services to underserved communities. As the internal and executive communications manager within DAP Health’s brand marketing department, you will play a pivotal role in advancing the organization’s mission to create greater health equity. Your strategic communications skills will shape our nonprofit’s narrative, fostering a unified internal culture and ensuring effective communications from our executive team to more than 800 employees throughout our 25 health centers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and execute comprehensive internal communication strategies that align with our mission and values, ensuring consistent messaging across all levels of the organization.
- Collaborate with members of the brand marketing department, as well as with organization executives, to create and deliver key messages and executive communications that inspire, engage, and inform staff about our health equity initiatives and provide organizational updates.
- Craft compelling content for internal channels, such as newsletters, intranet, internal all-staff emails, internally-focused campaigns, and town hall meetings to promote a shared understanding of our goals and successes.
- Support crisis communication efforts, providing clear and timely information to staff during challenging situations.
- Foster cross-functional collaboration by working closely with people operations, brand marketing, and clinical teams to amplify important announcements and initiatives.
- Maintain internal communications infrastructure by training new leaders on effective communication, ensuring messages are being delivered to every level of the organization, and diagnosing and correcting communications barriers.
- Monitor industry trends and best practices in internal communication to continuously enhance our strategies.
- Serve as a backup to other members of the brand marketing department, including external communications manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or a related field (master’s preferred).
- Minimum of five years of experience in internal or executive communications, preferably within a health care or nonprofit setting.
- Strong passion for health care equity and a deep understanding of the unique challenges faced by underserved communities.
- High degree of discretion and ability to manage confidential information appropriately.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to distill complex information into clear and compelling messages.
- Excellent proofreading skills, with an extraordinary attention to detail and consistency.
- Proven experience in crisis communication and issues management.
- Proficiency in utilizing various communication tools and platforms.
- Collaborative mindset with the ability to build relationships and work effectively with diverse teams.
- While the position is suitable for hybrid work, the successful candidate must reside within or be willing to relocate to our service area, which includes Riverside, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Bernardino, and Imperial counties.
- Occasional travel (15%) within said service area will be required.
- Experience working in a community health center or similar health care setting.
- Bilingual proficiency, especially in Spanish.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-08-22