Internal Communications Director
About the job
Crestron Electronics has an exciting opportunity for an Internal Communications Director – HR. Y ou will serve as a strategic thought partner to executives in creating clear, compelling narratives around vision, priorities, and business results, promoting cross-team transparency and collaboration.
You will create and guide the strategy and execution of HR and Corporate communications reporting to Senior Leaders in the organization while partnering with Human Resources Centers of Excellence and Executive Leadership to deliver communication content. This role can be home based located in close proximity to our Rockleigh, NJ location or our Plano, TX office .
- Develop an internal communications strategy leveraging multiple internal channels, including: email, digital signage, intranet, internal social (Yammer), and external social (LinkedIn).
- Partner with Human Resources and other departments to develop and distribute internal communications through various channels.
- Collaborate with Executive team to identify and communicate corporate initiatives and announcements to domestic and global employees.
- Support executive team to develop messages and scripts for internal presentations.
- Measure communication effectiveness, adjust as needed, and provide status updates to the requestor.
- Ensure internal communications are consistent across various internal channels.
- Ensure internal communications leverage and are consistent with external communications and initiatives.
- Develop internal crisis communications plan.
- A minimum of 1 0 plus years experience in HR and corporate communications.
- College Degree required, preferably in HR, Marketing, Communications or other closely related discipline.
- Must be comfortable presenting to groups of various sizes; be creative and have excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Comfortable and confident working directly with senior leadership to develop messages and scripts for internal presentations.
- A keen attention to detail.
- Experience working on a blended, global team including multiple clients and agency partners.
- Organizational and project management skills are essential.
- Be able to complete projects and assignments in a timely manner.
- Creative and innovative thinker.
- Be able to work in an ambiguous environment when change occurs (flexibility).
- Be able to take initiative and solve problems as they occur.
- Be comfortable with navigating new technology and work with other departments to set up intranet pages, podcasts, videos, etc.
- Social media & blogging.
- Proficient in MS Office.
Job posted: 2021-03-23