Internal Communications Manager
We’re looking for a passionate, experienced Internal Communications Manager to join our Corporate Affairs team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for developing and delivering effective internal communications strategies and deliverables for enterprise-wide initiatives. This position calls for a creative and strategic business-minded thinker and talented communications professional with exceptional writing, project management and stakeholder management skills. The ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment is essential.
What you will do:
- Develop and implement engaging and informative employee-targeted communications plans and content across all areas of the business, and deliver those messages through a variety of communications channels and mediums.
- Communicate business, financial, operational and cultural information clearly and accurately, including developing content that is accessible, understandable, and engaging for the audience.
- Own major end-to-end processes and events on a project, take initiative, and use problem-solving skills to think beyond the task to the outcome that needs to be achieved.
- Develop compelling content for and help to plan and manage large employee events, including leadership conferences, town halls and webcasts.
- Independently gather information from a variety of sources; analyze, interpret, and summarize data gathered, and deliver insights.
- Align messaging with the company’s purpose, mission, priorities and culture, and coordinate closely across the broader communications team to ensure message alignment and integration across multiple topics and channels.
- Understand diverse employee needs, and develop plans and tactics that address those needs
- Establish partnerships and work well with leaders and team members at all levels of the organization.
- Measure, report and adjust communications and change management activities.
What you must have:
- B.S. in Communications, Business or related degree preferred
- 5+ years communications experience, including at least 3 years of internal communications experience with an emphasis on developing and executing strategic communication plans
- Exceptional writing, communication, storytelling and project management skills
- Strong PowerPoint and visual design skills
- Ability to work independently to plan and prioritize workload in line with business needs
- Ability to manage deadlines and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Experience developing content for and managing large employee and leadership events
- Experience working with agencies, graphic designers and other creative support
- Outstanding ability to manage relationships, influence peers and leaders, and balance customer, project, organization, and team needs to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes
- Excellent consultative skills and ability to communicate effectively across varied stakeholder audiences, including senior leaders
- Experience in effective change management techniques and implementation
- Comfortable working in a high volume, fast-paced, rapidly changing, results-oriented work environment
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.
Job posted: 2021-03-10