Internal Communications Manager
The successful Internal Communications Manager is a multi-talented copywriter, strategist and project manager. You’re an expert in seeking out information that allows you to create content that is both informative and impactful. You talk the talk, communicating to audiences using their own language and internal culture references. You know that frameworks are the magic behind every successful campaign or project, and you work with all stakeholders to create effective processes and guidelines. Most of all, you’re a trusted advisor to clients in leading organizational change, supporting employee engagement and developing communications that have lasting impact on the organization.
Lions + Tigers is an equal opportunity company committed to building a diverse and engaged workforce. Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) as well as all genders and abilities are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: This job description is intended as a sample of the most common responsibilities/skills for our Internal Communications Managers. Additional requirements for each project will be discussed during the interview process. Applications for this role are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Consult with business partners across the organization to organize and create content standards and templates for key messages and audiences.
- Build a stakeholder communications plan to provide status tracking, updates and facilitate alignment on project progress. Measure communications effectiveness through qualitative and quantitative metrics.
- Serve as a trusted communications counselor to internal leaders.
- Bring the client’s voice and message to audiences by creating beautiful stories, key moments and compelling content.
- Work with subject matter experts to translate data into impactful communications, easily understood by the wider internal audience.
- Define and deliver difficult and high-stakes personalized stakeholder communications.
- Partner with internal teams and external vendors to deliver strategic projects.
- In support of client success, identify areas of opportunity for Lions + Tigers to provide iterative or incremental support..
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of eight years of writing experience for advertising, PR, employee communications, or journalism, preferably within the enterprise technology sector.
- Experience in three or more of the following areas: digital marketing, marketing strategy, strategic communications, PR, internal communications, executive communications.
- Superior written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex issues and deliver compelling information to an employee audience.
- Superb verbal communication and client-facing skills including proficiency with conflict communications and conflict management. Able to collaborate effectively with others in high-pressure situations and to manage productively through conflict.
- Experience preparing compelling deliverables for clients, owning and delivering the finished product.
- Flexible and adaptive, able to quickly respond to time sensitive and complex changing requirements and new challenges.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel and PowerPoint. Preference for candidates with experience updating or owning management of SharePoint sites or other relevant company portals.
- Ability to work effectively remotely (and across time zones (including globally), when necessary).
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Must be comfortable sitting or standing in front of a computer, in an office environment or a conference room, for many hours. Must be capable of delivering excellent work product in a remote and/or home-based setting. Candidates must have the ability to confidently and effectively speak with and present to groups of stakeholders and cross-functional teams internally and externally.
This job description is intended only to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee in this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills or abilities required or persons so classified or assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lions + Tigers is an equal opportunity company committed to building a diverse and engaged workforce. It is the policy of Lions + Tigers to provide equal opportunity to all candidates regardless of race, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, partner status, pregnancy/childbirth or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-10