Internal Communications Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of professional communications experience in a business, media, government or non-profit environment.
- 2 years of experience in internal communications or executive communications directly supporting leadership of a company or comparable entity.
- Experience working on complex people and culture issues.
- Experience project managing and coordinating content for events.
- Proven communicator with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Skilled at building relationships with senior leaders and stakeholders, and ability to work well across teams, functions, and levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced environments.
- Effective team player who can lead efforts across functions.
About the job
As an Internal Communications Manager, you will focus on the experience of New York Googlers at a site level and rely heavily on strong stakeholder management, as well as subject matter expertise. You will be tasked with writing thoughtful communications and designing innovative campaigns to engage New York City Googlers on issues that directly impact their experience in New York City. In this role, you will have an understanding of employee engagement efforts. You’ll work closely with cross-functional partners such as real estate workplace services, human resources, employment legal, employee resources groups, site leadership, and more. You’ll provide strategic guidance on our New York office’s local internal communications plans and help address specific local challenges.
In this role, you will be part of a team managing site communications. You’ll need excellent decision making skills, a strong sense of Google’s voice and culture, as well as a commitment to our core values of communicating with employees openly and transparently.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders–and our own employees–about the benefits of Google’s products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, comms, marketing, product and beyond.
- Develop creative strategies for communicating to employees by planning the frequency of (and vehicles for) communications/coordination across different areas of the office and the company.
- Measure and analyze internal communications efforts for their effectiveness against stated goals.
- Plan and execute meetings with visiting executives and other site-wide employee meetings.
- Lead on communications to/programming for New York leaders.
- Provide counsel on internal workplace communications issues, as they arise and escalate when appropriate.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-24